Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm also wondering if these 2.7s are wet or dry sleved motors and has anyone found coolant in their oil?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My G1 Legend just got all new gaskets and timing chain. So far no problems, other than it idles really low. What specifically do you mean by "head gasket failure?"

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hartman said:
I'm also wondering if these 2.7s are wet or dry sleved motors and has anyone found coolant in their oil?
Yes, I had the dreaded bhg. It didn't appear as oil in the coolant. The coolant was being burned and the pressure kept the reservoir full but the rad was empty. Had to heli coil 1 head bolt. I don't understand part of your question.

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Murphthesurf said:
Yes, I had the dreaded bhg. It didn't appear as oil in the coolant. The coolant was being burned and the pressure kept the reservoir full but the rad was empty. Had to heli coil 1 head bolt. I don't understand part of your question.
How did you manage to blow a head gasket in a G1? Yours is the first I've ever heard of as it is generally a big problem w/ G2 Legends.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
pacallen said:
How did you manage to blow a head gasket in a G1? Yours is the first I've ever heard of as it is generally a big problem w/ G2 Legends.
I think it was blown when I bought it (235,000k), that's the chance you take with used high miles. The dealer paid most of the cost, luckily. I think the rad was in bad shape and it must have overheated. My wife was driving it when I first got it and my son was a second driver. No one owned up to it, you know how it is. Don't think that any car is immune to bhg. Now I can take credit for any probs being the only driver. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts