Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..

I was thinking of haveing the underside of my car sprayed with some SOUND BARRIER stuff by Ziebart...
I need to do something, the sound of my muffler comes into the cabin, too lould..
Ziebart told me that this stuff will have up to 60% less nose..
Thats UP TO 60%..?!?!
So my ? is, Has anyone had this done to there car ?? and if so,
Does it work ??

Thanks for your Help...

Keith..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I had it done to my 91 sedan., I cannot hear the engine running unless I bring it up past 4000 rpm. even then its not even that loud. All in all, a good buy because it serves as a rust protectant and a sound barrier. I am very happy with my service from Zeibart...:)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
How much do they charge?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zeibart Shop by me is chargeing 189.95..

They Power wash the underside of the car , then they spray this tar like stuff on...I'll keep you posted on this..
I will have this done this week..

Keith.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
see if u can see what they coat, how much of the underbody gets this stuff and what not

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
HATE_ME_NOW said:
see if u can see what they coat, how much of the underbody gets this stuff and what not
Its basically everything underneather the car that is not a mechanical part. Wheel wells, and under behind the bumper.. They actually put your car on a hoist and make sure they get evry nook and cranny in there. A neat process.:)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
A good question.... and I did not even think about that until my dad brought it up a while back. I am sure it adds a good ten pounds if not more. It is fairly thick stuff... tar.... I bet Zeibart would know the weight that it adds.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Mckenzie i guess i wanted to know hom much near the engine they coat? do they stop around the tranny and such?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Oh yeah, they dont go near your mechanical parts with the stuff... just wherever the panels and body parts are. The areas that are prone to rusting out are coated.... And it makes for a damn quite ride.:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATES..

OK !!!! I went to ZIEBART today...

WOW WOW WOW !! CAN I GET A AMAN !!!:D :D

What a diff it made !!
About 50% less Brooooom sound..The noise level just droped inside the cabin..I love this stuff..They spraid all over under the car, wheelwell everywhere..and all for $200.
alot less then if I had to do dynamat or other type of mats. also time too...
The only thing is the smell, like a tar smell.. They said that will go away in 2 to 3days..Its all good..I can live with that...

I think I will use Peel and Seal in the trunk just for Booom box..

Other then that, I think its a good deal for the $$..

Keith..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I remember that smell:rolleyes: ....It will be about a week. Also, did they mention if it rains not to go out as well, and not to drive on dusty roads. Glad you liked it.... I sure did, and it for surely makes for a really quite ride:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey, this stuff sounds awesome, the only problem is that I live on the west coast. Does anyone know of something similar to this that is provided for us Californians?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fun92 said:
Hey, this stuff sounds awesome, the only problem is that I live on the west coast. Does anyone know of something similar to this that is provided for us Californians?
No ZIEBART in west coast ??
The stuff is great !!! The smell went away in 2 days..
I think,best buy for $200. that I made..Hope you find it ..:cool:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Fun92 said:
I just checked their website and can't find a store within 150 miles of L.A. :mad:

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's the same thing I did too, except I checked various cities all up the coast and still came up with nothing. I'd start checking cities eastward but I don't know the zipcode of anything. Oh well, it still sounds really cool.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the reason for that is....

Zebart is a Rustproofing Co...Well atlease thats what they started out doing way back when....
Now they are into a lot more after market stuff, sales and install..

So thats why none in west cost ?? maybe
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Giid luck, hope you find a shop that those this..

Its well worthit..
keith.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts