Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Has anyone here use sound dampeners products such as Cascade Audio VBlok, Lightning Audio Dead Skin, or Rockford Fosgate Noise Blocker? Where did you apply it to? How did it work? Which would you recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
my friend bought some styrofoam sound proofing material from home depot, and used it to sound proof part of the trunk on his '97 (I think) Integra. He paid about $10 for it, and i really reduced the trunk rattle (which was pretty damn bad). I think he put it on the sides and the bottom of the trunk, but I'm not too sure. Anyways, its a hell of a lot cheaper than the brand name things, and it probably works almost as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
When i had new carpet put in, the shop added sound deadening material to the floorpan [a sprayed coat of stuff] as well as replacing the 'stock' sound material that comes with the carpet/car. Ive also had sound deadening material [it was some type of spray too] installed in my doors.

I was pretty much only doing it to keep out road noise. I dont have a 'system' or anyhting and my car didnt have a 'rattling' problem.

...sure is quite though :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
I lined my trunk with left-over sound deadening material that I used when redoing our floors to lamenite. Its this styrofoam-plastic stuff, pretty easy to work with and cut to size. It mostly stopped the rattling in my trunk, that is, unless I'm pounding the hell out of my subs.

BTW, it helps to duct-tape or seal shut the vent located underneath the rear bumper, driver's side, which is accessible by lifting up the carpet, unscrewing the little plastic trunk pocket, and seeing this little vent that has a plastic covers that BUZZES like f'n crazy. (The vent is on the side of the car, to the right of the gas cover, hidden under the rear bumper piece.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.