Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next project on my car is to replace the weatherstripping on my driver door because it's bunching up and I also need to replace the sash trim because it's messed up. It's bent out, seems to be a fairly common problem. Has anyone ever done any of this before?

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I priced it at the dealer and it's around $90. But it needs to be done. I do plan on doing this sometime pretty soon, so I will keep notes and take some pics for you guys.

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I ordered the weather strip from the dealer today, the whole tint situation has pushed my project up sooner than I though. So, no one on here was able to tell me how to do this and the Helm manual, not much help. Pretty much it says take the old off, put the new on. If there are others out there that want to know how to replace the outer weatherstrip, my mechanic said he would do it, but I can see about beeing there, taking some pics maybe a simple diy on how it's done. (to the best of my ability) So let me know and I will see if he wants to work on a Saturday for me so I can do it.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Are you dealing with a Sedan or Coupe? The Coupe glass run/weatherstrip is more difficult than the Sedan due to the large pane of glass. The Cpe also tends to pinch and tear the weatherstrip if the channel becomes dry and the glass becomes out of adjustment. Perform a Search as this ? has been discussed.

·
Banned
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you dealing with a Sedan or Coupe? The Coupe glass run/weatherstrip is more difficult than the Sedan due to the large pane of glass. The Cpe also tends to pinch and tear the weatherstrip if the channel becomes dry and the glass becomes out of adjustment. Perform a Search as this ? has been discussed.
Sedan. And I searched and searched for an answer on this before I posted this a while back. Maybe I'm not using the right keywords??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.