Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On rainy days, my D3 starts blinking and my speedometer goes hay wire. I'm @ a stop light, and I'm going 140mph on my speedo LOL. Has any one had this b4? Is it sinmple to fix? Thanks.
Latin...........

P>S> Getting my GS GS GS GS tomorrow ~ WOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

*:D Does The Cabbage Patch Dance :D*

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey, I know exactly what your problem is.

Your speed sensor is dead. You need to get a new one. The same thing happened to me a few months ago. The speedometer would jump up and down randomly when i was stopped and even when I was driving sometimes too, and the D3 was flashing. It made for a few laughs going at like 100mph while at a stop light and other times worked normal. That's what the flashing gear means. You need a new speed sensor. Not too expensive if you have your own mechanic or can do it yourself. The dealership will try to get you for all kinds of b.s. labor so best bet is any good mechanic because it is very simple. My mechanic did it for only $150 total and it is perfect now.

Good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, I knew someone could help and relate to me. That's funny though, when ur going 120 or 140 mph @ a stop light. LMAO!

Good excuse to speed, " Sorry Mr. Officer my speedometer is broken. Was I really going 120 mph? I swear I was going 60. LOL

Latin.............

·
Registered
702 Posts
hahaha, yeah man, it's funny for a while, but mine was also acting funny occasionally when i was driving too, and it was real hard to know how fast you were going except by pacing yourself with other traffic....like i'm really going at 35 and it is jumping back and forth nonstop from like 40 to 70 or simply stuck at zero sometimes, i was so glad to get that fixed!!

glad i could help ya out, i thought i was going crazy when my speedometer got messed up, but a very simple fix. :)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
just leave it off because the miles dont go up when it is broken haha. im kidding but anyways its not that hard to replace yourself so dont let a dealer or anyone do it. I had mine go out a while ago and fixed it. sounds like a problem ALOT of legend have

1 - 5 of 5 Posts