Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an Acura Legend with all the fixings and I am having so much trouble. Only extras i really want is remote start and heated seats, a front loading cd changer would be cool too, but nothing more than that. and i can't seem to find one. I would like a 95 but a 94 is cool. anyway im not picky about colors, this is my last resort the community of 'haves' Also this guy was trying to sell me a 95 acura legend from outta NY but it has a salvage title. Now im not the most car savy person, but i hear i'm to stay away from those, he says he got it because it was stolen some years ago, and but says everything was A-Ok im gonna have a mechanic look at it before i might buy, but i must admit he wants an arm and a leg for it (6500). any thoughts any help.

· Registered
770 Posts
Just my two cents but that seems to be too much for a salvage titled, 10 year old car.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thatswhat im thinking but its becoming so hard to get an Acura here in Jersey, on another note whats the communities thought on heated seats is that something thats not standard, is that like defiling a legend, i dont know, i know i want some heated seats is that so bad? By the way im very serious im just frazzled cuz i've been searching all fall.

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
As for the CD get an aftermarket deck, it'll sound better anyway. Remote Start? Get your own alarm. I have a friend that does remote start installed for $150.
I don't know about those heated seats. They sell an aftermarket kit if your that serious about. It goes under the leather and you would never notice it.
Here's a link...
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html

Salvage title by the way isn't necessarily a bad thing. A salvage title is issued once a cars airbags are deployed or if it's been stolen and stripped (to a certain level) etc.

My Leg had all the windows except the windshield smashed and the ignition needed to be replaced when I bought it for 4k in 2000. I changed the ignition and windows for about $300 and was good to go. No salvage title because the car was over 10 years old.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HotLavaFlow, i appreciate your comments cuz that helped clear some things up for me and the link is also helpful, as you can see im trying to get my 'savy' up but truth be told this would be my first car, and i just wanna splash down right into the world of Legends, not my first driving experience mind you, but just my first car that i will own. So to recap the heated seats thing is something that can be done easily enough, and the remote start is something your saying thats not that big a deal either, ok. what about keyless entry this woman has a GS for sale but im gonna hafta travel for it, she says it has keyless entry and heated seats, does that means someone worked on it and added those features (oh and for the record that other Legend was stolen and stripped how bad im not sure) again thanks for the link and info, on another note (especially since you were helpful to me) does your name indicate that you spit?

· 'hood Garage
3,177 Posts
I don't know for sure but I'm pretty sure some Leg's came with heated seats. The keyless entry could be factory or aftermarket.

"on another note (especially since you were helpful to me) does your name indicate that you spit?"

I've been on this forum since 2002 and your actually the first person to ask me that. Yeah I definately do but not rap I do reggae. I do produce beats though (reggae, hip-hop, r&b mostly).

· Registered
51 Posts
hotlavaflow said:
As for the CD get an aftermarket deck, it'll sound better anyway. Remote Start? Get your own alarm. I have a friend that does remote start installed for $150.
I don't know about those heated seats. They sell an aftermarket kit if your that serious about. It goes under the leather and you would never notice it.
Here's a link...
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/seatheatac.html

Salvage title by the way isn't necessarily a bad thing. A salvage title is issued once a cars airbags are deployed or if it's been stolen and stripped (to a certain level) etc.

My Leg had all the windows except the windshield smashed and the ignition needed to be replaced when I bought it for 4k in 2000. I changed the ignition and windows for about $300 and was good to go. No salvage title because the car was over 10 years old.
Just because the airbags go off does not mean the car is given a salvage title. A salvage title is based upon a certain $$ number. Depending upon the state, a salvage title is usually given out when repairs are greater than 70-80% of a vehicle's actual cash value (acv). It is a common misconception that once airbags are blown, a car is "totaled." An insurance company would not "total" a 2005 Mercedes SL600 just b/c airbags were blown. Get a CARFAX to verify the damages done. If bodyparts were stipped, find out which ones were taken. Just my 2 cents. Good luck w/ the purchase.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx for all the info everyone I'm still searching I won't hear back from the guy about the car till tomorrow but since then, i've had some interesting twists. One I found a 95 legend with pretty much everything I wanted (including the beige on tan color) but his asking price was too much, he wanted 7700, i mean he sounded like he knew what he was talking about but still that was just too much for that much i might as well get a pre-owned or new car. He was tellin me to be careful of the salvage titles cuz the brains of a legend are in the floor by the passenger seat and it easy to mess those up. Also i have a chance to get a 94 legend type L (which im gonna start a new thread about cuz i m not sure if thats a bad thing) for 3500. one owner mint but no nice bells and whistles (though i guess i could add those things) but i think that may be settling, oh the 7700 acura was a GS. THe guy said he had put 1300 of his own money into it, but my friends were saying he's trying to get back that 1300 from me which isn't how its supposed to be done. ARGGHH how much should i pay for a 95 GS!?!?! i see someone was offering up a 94 for 7500 so I dont know. Maybe i should get an infiniti like my other friends are telling me (i missed out on a 2000 g20 for 6gs)

· Registered
4,086 Posts
there are some nice cars 4sale in your area on autotrader etc...

and one the forum here!!
keep searching.

a good GS...$7000-$8000..also 6spd??

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree swift, but I dont want to settle and i guess maybe I didn't have a real understanding of the price range for a good Legend. I was thinking of spending between 4000 to 5500 but i'm thinking im gonna hafta spend upwards of 7000 if i want one. Thats a pretty tough pill to swallow for a ten year old car, even if it is my favorite car. Especially when i'm trying to make every buck stretch. I'm going to check autotrader right now, though. Im leaning towards still trying to find a 94 95 LS or GS, in fact let me go search for that thread that breaks all that down.

· Registered
1,380 Posts
Know,

I too was in your situation. I searched high and low for quite a while until I found my Legend. Luckily, it was dealer serviced from day one with only 85K on the dash. It wasn't the color I wanted (green/beige) since I wanted black/black or black/beige but as for the price and condition, I couldn't be happier. Here's a link to my lucky lady.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2161168

It's funny because I have everything you are looking for. The only non-stock part on my car is the Viper 791XV alarm I had installed. Good luck with your search.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the inspiring story, as I am still on the hunt, almost went for the one with all the bells and whistles as he said the title was Salvage but inspected he said if it wasn't inspected he couldn't register the car, i dunno, im leary but imma be patient as your story has given me renewed vigilence. I would ask you if you have any ideas as to where i should go OR if you see anything (as we're both in northern jersey) please don't hesistate to let me know. Peace.

· RX7-->Legend
341 Posts
got a 94 coupe LS 6 speed in NYC white on black, asking $6500firm ,e-mail me for more details and pics at [email protected]

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just to let you guys (and any gals) know I finally found my GS (black on black) and i couldnt be happier, if for nothing else closure. I almost settled a couple of times, but thanks to cats like JTYanksFan (cant believe im thanking a Yankees fan for anything.....no not a redsox fans.....yes im a mets fan) for the inspiring stories and all the help in me staying the course. Now that im part of the community, i gotta get her all fixed up im looking forward to this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.