Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire got cut last night by a metal sewer grate and I was able to get it home safely w/ out bending the rim (from what i can tell). I jacked the car up and took off all the bolts...but the tire won't budge. Anyone have any thoughts? My dad drove the car before I but never had to change a tire and my roommate who is very knowledgable about cars was puzzled as well. Granted it is midnight and we can't really see anything out there w/ a flashlight...but does anyone have any suggestions? Yes, I have changed many tires before...but this one isn't moving the slightest bit. Maybe all it takes is a place to jack it up on a lift and hit the tire w/ a rubber mallet from behind to jar it loose...i don't know. I appreciate any input into the matter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
some tires do get stuck on the cars and can be a bit of a pain to get off i worked in a tire shop for a couple years it can take some force to get them off we had a large rubber mallet or if your jack is good and secure a good kick on one side of the rim will usually jar it loose. hope you didnt bend that rim driving it home. good luck to you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rahar95

That's what I suspected...I guess I'll give AAA a call tomorrow and have them tow it down the road to the shop. Yeah, the rim seems to be ok...both my roommate and I looked at...don't see any visible damage. (it was about a 1/2 mile drive home)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts