Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 days ago I asked my fellow Legend owners about the Lexus ES 300. Well I really shouldn't have been concerned with him. The beating I gave him was pretty cool, but now the same guy wants to bring a LS 400 and $1500 into the picture. I know the LS has a V8, and my last bout with a V8 was kinda traumatizing. So with the exception of NOS how do I prepare for this race I really need some input on this one because I'm looking to be the David who beat the $#!T out of Goliath in this one. Right now I'm working with a 95 coupe automatic(so you know it's type II) with some generic CAI and Remus pipes. Will lowering it help me? I'm going to use some lighter rims. BTW this is the lineup: My 95 Coupe, a 97 LS 400 a 02 6 Speed Maxima and a 96 Q45. The race is next Sunday morning, location CONFIDENTIAL, just in case there are any Five Os from B-More posing as Legend owners on this forum.

·
Registered
386 Posts
YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were you I'd sit this one out. The V8s will hand you a real ass ripping. The maxima is a better bout but, he's pushing a 6 speed vs. your automatic. You may hang in there for a minute but down the stretch your toast. Lowering your legend will help the cars center of gravity but its gonna take power and that my friend when done right will put you over the edge. One thing we Legend owners must understand. Our cars were built to be great long distance runners and that, they most definitely are. If you want to really give them hell I know a back road that will not only test your driving skillz but your car as well and its right here in good ol B-more. I love taking my G1 coupe for a high speed run through there every now and then. What a Rush. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out. One more thing. Me and my G1 coupe went on a high speed run down route 97 heading towards annapolis against a Lexus SC400 it was not pretty. I was doing 120 and climbing but the SC400 went right by me ( quickly ). When it comes to racing you must pick your apponent wisely.:D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
I dunno...be safe....

I can tell you this, though....
I have raced an SC on the highway and it was neck and neck (type I)
I have also raced a LS400 on the highway and he didn't like me ;)
This was JAs with the chrome wheels and Type I
LAstly, my bro has a 91 Q45, and on the highway we are pretty even, but I had more stomping power on him.....so, know your car.

91 Q45 has 280hp, 292 lb ft tq

We havnt raced as Type II vs his, but in the Type I he was shocked.
He even likes my take off better

·
Registered
799 Posts
here's a quote for that year

"The LS400's powerful V-8 engine pushes out 260 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque through the rear wheels; enough to get this 3,700-pound car from zero-to-sixty in a factory-reported 7.1 seconds"

I'd race for fun but not money, could be too close

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I wouldn't do it for money if I were you. Those Lexus V8 engines are monsters, I rode in my friend's LS400, and that thing was a beast.
the way I see it, the only car you can beat out of the 4 is the Q45, they're not as fast, and heavy as hell.

·
Banned
720 Posts
My cuzin has a 98 LS400 and if its on the higway he might take you but from a start, even with our slow starts, you might have the lead for a while.

When I raced my cuzin with his LS400 which has 290HP/300TQ, I took him at the start in my GS but after about 60 and up he started catching up and by 90 he was ahead. SO once they get goin they GO!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I wouldn't do it for money, the SC300 would be a good race, but the SC400 w/the V8. You can probably hang in there, but I doubt you'll beat him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts