Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
all sound advice ^ there. is it a V6 galant or a I4. V6 make sure add a couple more hors or if you have to days to the job. under estimating a headgasket job is the worst thing you can do. make sure you have a comprehensive manual, not haynes nor chiltons, BUT HELMS. Chiltons is some Sheitons, and Haynes can hold my nuts. all the right tools are necessary, most foreign cars the sizes most used are 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, and 14mm(there will be some odd sizes like 6mm or 19mm or some un expected sizes).

most important remember where everything goes. keep track of everything. some people need baggies some need labels i just put every part in a group in relation to what they held on or what part of the engine they came off of. do the thing that best help you.

you say your mechanically inclined. how so? you done some of this before. bid you good luck and never....never underestimate the Legends head gasket. hope you have fun on this galant job. HG Jobs are fun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.