Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day one of my headlights went out on me so i had my mechanic put a new one in. I got the car back, and the headlight that he put in is pointing too low to the ground. It's annoying when im driving at night, and when you get out and look at the lights it looks stupid. :mad:

How can i point the light back up a little bit so it matches the other one? Sounds like it would be very simple, I just dont know how to do it!

Thanks

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
MadDog,

yes, it´s very simple. US lamps are much better in adjusting like German lamps. As fas as I know, that you can adjust this by looking at the top of the headlamps (when you open your hood!)
Better, you look in your manual. You have an detailed information about "adjusting headlamps" !!!

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
MadDog,
have found the intructions to adjust the headlamps...

On top of your headlamps, you can see a small window with a bubble within. This is for the oriented, like horizontal and vertical.
To adjust the screw attached to the bubble, simply move the bubble.
At first,that´s used when you are parked on level ground and have already properly adjusted the headlights. Then you can set the bubble to center for future reference. On the back of the headlight housing you´ll see two adjustment wheels. This looks like a small gear wheel. One gear is right near the corner light, and that adjusts side to side movement. The other is closer to the center. And that will adjusts UP and DOWN position. Use a screwdriver to make the adjustments.

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

PS: I hope, that I´ll get the US lamps in the near future. Because I even want to have this fine lamps too !!! Looks much better and also an better adjusting. German lamps have an complex adjusting (Grrrrr...)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
that's what i don't like about the jdm headlights, no more liquid joint:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts