Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the "Neon-Blue Ion Blue Headlamp Light Bulbs " for their headlights...the ones from autodynamic.com with 100w outputs...how do they look? and will the 100w burn or melt the stock harness?

rite now i like the look of the hyperwhite in my 91coupe but it's not as bright as i want it ...i think they are very low wattage.

thanx for the inputs!

TD:D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LEGENDmadnez said:
has anyone tried the "Neon-Blue Ion Blue Headlamp Light Bulbs " for their headlights...the ones from autodynamic.com with 100w outputs...how do they look? and will the 100w burn or melt the stock harness?

rite now i like the look of the hyperwhite in my 91coupe but it's not as bright as i want it ...i think they are very low wattage.

thanx for the inputs!

TD:D
100Watts will melt your harness, our stock harness can only run up to 70watts, anything above you should get a heavy duty harness

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Just go HID like me!! :D They look way better and cops won't give you trouble for it. --=Keith

·
Registered
476 Posts
Brave Man...

Around here in WA you get pulled over just for having overly bright headlights! I have some Nokyas (which I love, BTW) which project a white/blue light that is very nice, and I haven't had any problems YET. A friend of mine did a Civic HID conversion and got a "fix-it ticket" after only 2 weeks! He switched it, took a picture, got the fine removed, then about a month later rewired his HIDs and got ANOTHER ticket! Back to eBay his HID conversion went...

-Sh0ck3d

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: Brave Man...

Sh0ck3d said:
Around here in WA you get pulled over just for having overly bright headlights! I have some Nokyas (which I love, BTW) which project a white/blue light that is very nice, and I haven't had any problems YET. A friend of mine did a Civic HID conversion and got a "fix-it ticket" after only 2 weeks! He switched it, took a picture, got the fine removed, then about a month later rewired his HIDs and got ANOTHER ticket! Back to eBay his HID conversion went...

-Sh0ck3d
HIDs on a civic will land you a ticket a lot faster than HIDs on a Legend. If a cop look at a civic with HID, they know that car didn't come with it. If they look at a clean luxurous Legend, and since all the new acura came with HIDs, they might just think it's factory.

·
Registered
476 Posts
True, since our Legends look low and mean with a sort of euro look. Not exactly the standard 3 for a dime asian cars... :p Bimmers & Mercedes are all coming with the new HIDs anyway...

Does anyone know how to adjust the high beams to run all the time? I have really NEVER needed them, and never plan to need them. Can I change the bulbs to a hyperwhite and adjust the beam width/height to match that of the regular running headlights? I really love the look with all 4 of the headlights on at the same time!

-Sh0ck3d

UPDATED:

Too bad that they are tied together... If anyone comes up with a way to adjust the beam width/height please let me know. I really would like to run all 4; it would be pretty unique! WhiteLegend, don't worry, I am not dumb enough to run around with my highbeams on all the time! ;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
the highbeams and lowbeams are attached to each other, you can't adjust one without adjusting the other.

Please don't run all 4 together, you will blind on coming traffic. If you haven't noticed, Legends have very good high beam optics, they're alot brighter than high beams on other cars.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't understand why cops would give out tickets for HID's on a Civic, or any other cars that didn't have HID's as stock for that matter. I mean, are they trying to say that your car has be over 30k plus to be able to have bright headlights that actually lights up dark highways? wtf? :mad:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
the reflectors in the car that came with factory equipment HIDs are specially made for HIDs so they don't blind and glare other people. Their reflector is a lot different from the reflectors we have which are made for halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Re: Re: Brave Man...

WhiteLegend said:

HIDs on a civic will land you a ticket a lot faster than HIDs on a Legend. If a cop look at a civic with HID, they know that car didn't come with it. If they look at a clean luxurous Legend, and since all the new acura came with HIDs, they might just think it's factory.
You better believe it!
That's the darned truth.

People in Civic tend to be general nuisances on the road.
People with Legends do not.
It's just the realities of life (law of averages, there's tons more Civics out there, Legends are more expensive).

If you see a hooked up Civic w/ HIDs, it's just another ricer.
A Legend w/ HIDs, that person's an enthusiast. :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Brave Man...

jose3030 said:

You better believe it!
That's the darned truth.

People in Civic tend to be general nuisances on the road.
People with Legends do not.
It's just the realities of life (law of averages, there's tons more Civics out there, Legends are more expensive).

If you see a hooked up Civic w/ HIDs, it's just another ricer.
A Legend w/ HIDs, that person's an enthusiast. :)
well............:confused:..........I don't know about that one. Some things also work both ways. There are some owners of more expensive cars out there that tend to be nuisances also. (Rich kids with expensive imports who don't give a sh_t for the next man on the road. Most of the guys I know with customized compacts are enthusiasts in the "hobby of making their cars look good and run better." (Sounds familier?) And then (like you said) there's the bunch (who happen to own Civics)that just have to much time on their hands who also don't give a f_ck. So I wouldn't say the average civic owner is a "ricer". You just see more Civics because of the availability and ease of customization.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Dude, look.... basicly we can get away with it because we drive luxury cars and cops think it may have come stock. Yes because our cars don't look riced out the cop won't think twice. Now if you were driving a Legend with 20's a body kit and the works then hell yea you'll get pulled over. My roomate has a Silver 540 with the body kit exhaust and clear corners and got pulled over for not having amber bulbs in the corners. At any rate, besides for nissan, where do you see HID lighting right now? Higher end cars......Acura/Audi/Bmw/Jag/Lincoln/Mercedes...point being higher end luxury vehicles. Sorry if that's the case. Also as stated earlier, I don't think people with headlight housings that share the high/low beam bulb should get HID because it tends to still blind people eventhough the bulb is suppositly corrected. I mean I've seen some setups that suck and blind the sh_t out of you, but with the headlight housings that house the high/low beams seperatly are okay. So cars like Civics and Preludes aren't the greatest cars for HID, but Cars like Legends, or even Accords are okay, but the best are the ones with the projection headlights. --=Keith

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.