Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats a good head unit for a price of around 200-250?? i already have boston acoustics speakers and an amp in the back (i think like 200-300 watts not sure). i was lookin at the alpine 7875 but i wasn't sure if i should go w/ something different locally or to get one off ebay. i won't be installing by myself. sound advice was tryin to sell me the 7873 but to me it just looks cheap...they wanted $200 plus installation. any input would be great

oh also, what would be some good 10"? subs be prolly for around $150-200 max? and would i need another amp to power the subs? by the way the amp i have is a kenwood amp

thanks guys

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
luvmylegend said:
Alpine and Eclipse make the best CD players in my opinion. They're the best in skip protection and in sound quality.
That's because at one time the engineers for Eclipse used to workd at Alpine. While the two companies are different, you can see a lot of similarities between them. I don't know how many of those engineers are still there though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you guys would suggest buying online as opposed to at a store? i'm just looking for the best all around option.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
danger69 said:
so you guys would suggest buying online as opposed to at a store? i'm just looking for the best all around option.
The whole things is to basically shop around. Even though your more likely to find deals on the net, I dont know if your in a rush to get it but what you can do is just get prices on the net and look locally and see what prices best matches the price your willing to pay.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
ChrisK said:

That's because at one time the engineers for Eclipse used to workd at Alpine. While the two companies are different, you can see a lot of similarities between them. I don't know how many of those engineers are still there though.
I didn't know that, I learn something new every day.

I do know that Alpine and Eclipse use a triangular laser for better skip protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.