Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets Get 'em! I have a 5spd Type I engine and I'm mad as hell! I want headers! I want everyone to post serious leads towards companies that have created or would make them.

So far I have a pretty positive lead in North Bayshore, NY. They are booked 2 months out but can take the job of custom creating headers for $1450. I need someone in NY to stop by the shop and do a little more digging. Find out how realistic this is.
COLOR=red]Kook's Custom Headers
59 Cleveland Avenue
North Bayshore, NY 11706
Phone: 631-586-9002
Fax: 631-586-8287[/COLOR]

Everyone else, Please use this thread to post leads, not requests. There are plenty of those already. :mad: Lets get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
799 Posts
and the type II headers from Japan are currently in Hawaii customs

·
Registered
799 Posts
yup...

·
Registered
799 Posts
hey...aren't you jrock's boy (he's my competition you know) ;) just kidding...waiting for import tax impact and then pricing will follow, but shouldn't be long.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Legendary94GS said:
hey...aren't you jrock's boy (he's my competition you know) ;) just kidding...waiting for import tax impact and then pricing will follow, but shouldn't be long.
hehe,
there's no competition here. =)
yeah, just let me know on pricing. there's plenty of money to be spent. ;) (Tax refund!) :D
-j

·
Registered
332 Posts
custom header resource....

check out the ads in the magazine Grassroots Motorsport. lots of custom fabricators advertise headers, swaybars, and other performance components in there. you should be able to find the magazine at any Borders bookstore.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: Custom Headers

Dv8 said:
MY headers will be created next week 22-29 Dyno chart avaliable soon thereafter. so people can chill out and wait for mine or Legendary94gs's JDM ones.

~Hybrid
How much cheddar are we lookin' at C. ? And is that 22 to 29 hp gains?

·
Junior Mint
629 Posts
DV8,

After the first one is made, how long would it take to start production for other headers?

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
$$between 1100-1400 per set

April 22-29 is the date set for the header build

Gains could be anything right now-im feeling good so im going to say 30+WHP

how soon will i be able to mass produce them? well as soon as humanly possible. Im guessing anywhere from 1-4 weeks.

I dont know if i should do the type 1's first or 2. its not very hard to make either one.

After the DYNO we'll see which engine group gives me my 10 initial buyers first.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
799 Posts
ChrisK said:

Hawaii customs huh. Maybe I should sneak around as see if I can find that container :D
Chris,

there should be six of them;) knock yourself out

·
Registered
163 Posts
DV8...

GO WITH THE TYPE I HEADERS FIRST....SINCE LEGENDARY HAS TYPE II HEADERS COMING....JUST A THOUGHT.........OK, OK....ITS BECASUE I WANT IN ON THE TYPE I HEADERS SOON...CAN'T WAIT...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Type I Headers

Definately Type I headers. There are more of us Type I people on the road and therefore more of a market for vendors. It helps convince them to take on a new design.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.