Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, i know it's been played out but I think this may actually work this time. Here is the situation I need 50 buyers and a donor car from Southern california. It will be needed for a week in corona, california, south of LA. WE can get them carb certified and all for you cali guys. The prototype system will cost around $3000 to get one set built. The donor will get his set for free. after one set is produced the rest should be around $500 for a set. We also need to find a way to make all 91-95 legend models the same, type I and typeII may be able to use the same header.I will be trying very hard to get this done.

Aaron Smith

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
yes yes yes

AAAAAAHHHHHHh i live in GA but damn i would love to get u my headers i will send them or whatever i dont care. anyways u are telling me only $500 for a set of headers if we can get 50 buyers?? haha what abour like 100 buyers? i mean sign me up.
you are god if u can pull this off man haha good luck.

--cody

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I responded to the one in the second gen forum. If the price stays around 5 bills that would be awesome. You say that you need the car for a week of testing then the headers would be made. About how long to make 50 sets of headers? Would extras be made to keep in stock? Who foots the 3K intial bill?

·
Registered
386 Posts
HEADERS!!!!!!!!!

Are G1 Legends in on this deal as well? If so I'd be interested if the gains were worth the price of admission.:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Same as Biggs !! :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Donor car? Corona? FREE?.. I can get to Corona in 20 mins.. give me some more info and if it sounds good, ill be there in a second..

·
Registered
163 Posts
dayam son....500 bucks.....count me in....type 1 for shizo....i may buy 2 one for my sedan and another for my coupie....

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
I believe that DaveC has mentioned that the Type I and Type II exhaust manifolds are slightly different in that the Type Is have an emissions fitting of sorts.

It may be a matter of drilling and tapping a hole, but I can't say for sure.

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
50 is alot of people

I would be interested in this...but I really don't think we're going to get 50 buyers. $500 is still a good amount of money for many people, although I agree that it's an amazing price for headers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
talked with cliff at full-efx.

he may be able to take up the slack if we can only get 40 or so buyers. will let you know i will be going next week to meet with them.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
hhmm

we are talking about like stainless steal right? or what is it going to be and what is the guessed hp increse from these? im getting them im just curious.

--cody

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes stainless steel.

I am going to atlanta for work next week, I won't be with a computer but will be in touch with doug and leon so we'll keep you posted.I need someone still from socal to donate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
would these be mass produced and then would they be able to be sold at a later date? in other words if i don't have the cash to put up for these, and want them but later down the line, will i be able to get these?
let me kno
thanx a lot

and BTW ALL SEATTLE AND OREGON PEOPLE CHECK THE MEETS SECTION. (ALL NW PEEPZ!!!!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
production numbers

we are going to have at least 50 sets made. I may be able to get the company to keep a copy so that one day when they are sold out and the deamnd is there for them people would be able to purchase them again.
Aaron Smith

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd be in for a Type II header after I see dyno numbers. Also, I would pay more for ceramic coated ones. Maybe they can farm that out if needed for those of us that want.

Scott

1 - 20 of 48 Posts