Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, there is a huge hype about this whole header deal.... Couple of questions.

About how much would I be looking at to get this installed in my engine?

I hear people talking about it causing your car to not pass emissions - why is this, and what happens if you car doesn't pass emissions?

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
120 Posts
James92LS said:
Ok, there is a huge hype about this whole header deal.... Couple of questions.

About how much would I be looking at to get this installed in my engine?

I hear people talking about it causing your car to not pass emissions - why is this, and what happens if you car doesn't pass emissions?

Thanks,

James
In my state if you don't pass emissions you can't renew your registration. DV8 explains why it may not pass under the most recent header thread.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i believe it has mostly to do with the visual inspection

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Visual?!!

Have you looked under the hood? you cant see ****

A Minimum wage auto tech at Arco wont even think twice, beside he will barealy even be able to see the headers.

question: Is that Stock?

Answer: uh huh........

he was more interested in my firends wheels thatn the big DOHC VTEC staring him in the face win his 5th gen civic hatch.

me, he was staring at my intake more than anything tring to fuigure how the hell i was passing emmisions with flying colors with so much cool blue paint under the hood....

The headers i will get will be full stainless with nothing short of 20+ WHP. Carb certs? buy a new sparge cat and bolt it on only when you Emissions test comes around.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so it sounds like emissions won't be that big of a deal, but no one answered how much it would cost to get this bad boy installed....

Any estimates?

-James

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Since no one in the US has installed one, we would just be guessing on the install price. I think it'll be at least $200. There's very little room to work with, getting the heat shields off and disconnecting the EGR is going to be tough for a Type I.

Getting the headers will be the tough part, but getting them installed at a reputable place without spending major $$ having to take the engine out or taking the heads off isn't going to be easy either.

- ek

G

·
What about rich/lean? Do you think that the engine would be running rich/lean with the stock ECU? If it was going to be one then which would it be?

Are the headers going to offer much advantage if I don't already have an Intake and Exhaust? Should I do those two things first?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts