Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im close to reaching enough money to save for obx headers (when ever that boat arrives form china) and was wondering why is it so hard to put em on if u fellas and gals can tell us wat part of puttin them on was hard for you and tips on puttin them on it would help to see if i can do it myself or if ima need a couple of the home boys to help out

and dont forget to mention the notorious Y pipe heard thats a deffinate problem

·
Type II King
1,230 Posts
difficulty level is about a 4 just because there isn't much room to work with, unbolt the ypipe first, then remove your air intake, unbolt the power steering but dont disconnect any of the lines and just move the whole assembly aside, then remove your battery and alternator with the brackets, also unbolt any clips or harnesses in your way and you'll have access to all the header bolts. This was the easiest way i found to get this job done.. believe me, ive done it about 5 times.

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 times?

why so many times and how long did it take u to do:confused: not to mention i see it says u have a refabricated y pipe how did u do that or where did u get it done

·
Registered
255 Posts
im pretty sure the obx headers meet at a slightly different spot with the y-pipe then the stock headers do. or the angles are different or something like that.

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i thought that it would fit better than the y conjunction from the OBX pipe... fust a thought, so i guess some how custom y is in session but i dont know how or what to make it with any suggestions on the y pipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.