Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's so wierd posting this cause within one week there are like a few headers link but I just got a very POSTIIVE link.

I dropped my car off at BRULLEN Exhaust Systems today (their main office/shop) to have some work done on the custom exhaust they built for me.

Let me get to the exciting part, I was talking to the Marketing Manager, Richard Garcia and he was telling me they just finished building some headers for the WRX and some other cars. I mentioned to him about the Legend header situation and the demand that exists for them.

He told me he CAN BUILD THEM. I asked him the typical questions that everyone has here in the forums like how soon it can be done, how much power increase, etc.

He can have a working model done NEXT WEEK as long as I'm willing to leave my car with him for 2-3 days which I agreed to.

Here are the details on the headers:
Price: $800-$1000
They are going to be made out of stainless steel with the OPTION(for those of you who want) of a CERAMIC COATING (probably add a little more to the price).
These are going to be EQUAL length headers.

In respect to power gains, he does not know exactly but as soon as my car is done he'll get it on the dyno and get numbers. He goes there will definetley be a dramatic increase in power but he can't spit any figures out.

Here's the condition though, He WILL build them as long as he has a COMMITED order of at least 15 (fifteen).

BRULLEN Exhaust is a very reputable exhaust system manufacturing company which I'm sure many of you know. These will be of high quality.

Their website for your information is:

http://www.brullenexhaust.com

If we can get this rolling I can have my car in there late next week to early the week after the latest and have these headers made for you guys within a month!

I asked him to look into Type I / Type II difference in exhaust manifold which he is going to research and get back to me on this.

I need to know who WANTS these headers and IS going to commit themselves to it as this is a serious deal and now is the time.

I think everyone this week has been getting the Headers fever :cool:

If you guys have any questions, please direct them to me and I'll get the answers from Richard.

It's going to be a great summer for the Legends!

G

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
You guys should remember too that Your American $$$ are worth a whole lotta Canadian $$$. You can defenitaly get your moneys worth if you buy from it Canada. $1000 US will work out to be close to $1700 CDN.....:)

G... I will probably be interested come summertime as the HG job is going to cost me an arm and a leg. Sounds really promising though, and I think you guys should go for it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The price is listed in US Dollars, my apologies for not clarifying this sooner.

Guys, I cannot get any HP rating until these things get built and put on a dyno. These will not get built unless we have 15 commited members. I'm going to make it clear to Richard that the HP gains should be comparable to the percentage increase in HP that other cars get from aftermarket headers. I'm sure that's something he'll have no problem with. I wouldn't accept anything less myself.

To get this thing officially going, I would appreciate that anyone who is SERIOUS about purchasing a set, provide me with their FULL NAME, ADDRESS and PHONE # and e-mail it to me at [email protected]

Please be prepared to make a small deposit to show that you are commited. I'm going to speak to Richard about the size of the deposite which I'm looking to have it very minimal.

I'm going to speak to him more later on today when i go pickup my car.

G

G

·
Well, it's kinda wierd right now with different GB's going on for headers. So just what is the exact ammount... saying 800-1000 isn't good enough for me to make a commitment. I need to know something a little more solid before I do anything yet.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Well, it's kinda wierd right now with different GB's going on for headers. So just what is the exact ammount... saying 800-1000 isn't good enough for me to make a commitment. I need to know something a little more solid before I do anything yet.
I'm not telling you any less information than any other of the GB, and if so, please point it out. Every other GB hasn't stated a SOLID price either, they have all been a range. It's hard for anyone making these headers to finalize a price as this application for our cars has never been done on North American soil. Sorry if I sound sound a little harsh but I for one have been sick of being mislead many times before on GB for headers, but yet I'm understanding and patient as these things aren't easy to do.

Basicaly it's this, I have a large reputable exhaust company (Brullen Exhaust Systems Inc. http://www.brullenexhaust.com) who distribute their products all over the continent. I am in contact with the Marketing Manager at the main location. From what he told me, they have experience making custom headers before. He basicaly said that he can make a set in 2-3 days of having a Legend (which I decided to sacrifice) but to be worth it, he wants to make a quantity of 15 (not alot to ask for). He estimated price for these to be $800-$1000 US. I will try and see how much I can lower him on price as well letting him know that competition exists from other header GBs. THese are going to be top of the line stainless steel with an option (for a little more $) of ceramic coating. I will have my car dynoed before and after. If HP gains are not up to standards, no one is commited to purchase unless they are up to a certain spec (like I mentioned, compared to gains that other headers do for other cars). One example can be the HP gains on a TL.

Of course in order for him to go ahead and make them, I need 15 commited people. This commitment will require a bit of a downpayment to show commitment (as others int he past have verbaly commited but when it's showtime, they back out last minute). This down payment shows "yes.. i want headers" but you are not obligated to pay the full amount until you are all satisfied with the final product and its HP gains. I'm as concerned as all you guys in getting the most out of my dollars.

It is bad timing as well with other GBs happening. I'm hoping they are all successful as the one I'm trying to organize here, but it will be sad if we all commit to one that fails, not giving opportunities to the one that had potential to succeed.

As soon as I get the 15 people commited, we can have these made immediately.

Now if I'm missinig any information or anyone have any more questions, please let me know and I"ll get them answered ASAP.

Thank you everyone.

G

·
Registered
327 Posts
I WANT IN!!!

YOU CAN USE MY CAR FOR THE TYPE I HEADERS (I Have to rip out the chip for the upgrade so I won't need my car for about 2-3weeks).

let me know,
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts