Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago my driver side headlight harness melted(result of high wattage aftermarket HID bulb) and I paniked:eek:
I then asked why this happened in the other forum(This forum was not available yet:eek: ) I then learned why the bulb harness fryed (result: High wattage Bulb). I was told by some to get a bulb harness upgrade for est cost $40.00 and others just simply replaced the bulb harness from another from AutoZone or a junkyard. I being ignorant and stubborn took the cheap way out buying a harness from Autozone for a few dollars. I spliced it in and replaced the fryed harness. Everything then worked fine untill last night...:eek: . The same side headlight harness burned up again!!!!...!!!:eek: !!!!!!!!!. This morning I woke up and went to the local junkyard and the harness from a Honda and spliced it in. Everyhting works fine now but I know it will happen again!!!!!!:eek: !!!!! !!!!.The problem is I don't have a job and have now money!!!!!!:eek: !!!!!:eek: !!!!Now the question is:confused: :Is there a stronger 9006 bulb harness on a different car that can withstand the immense wattage???
This way I can pull it from the junkyard and have now problems...Thanks...:eek:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I also went ahead and put the HID wanna b lights lol. Lucky for me though, It hasn't fryed it yet. This is one of the harness that I was recommended. go here www.coolbulbs.com than click on plasma super white bulbs than click on heavy duty wiring harness and there u go. they r 50 bucks but better than the whole kit which is 900. Hope that helps..... Latin............

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
:confused: I'm sorry but this just doesn't make any sense. If you're gonna do something, you really need to make the effort to do it right. You melted your harnesses twice and going on a third time, yet you're still not convinced that you need to invest in an upgrade kit. I can tell you right now that there's not a single stock Honda 9006 harness that can handle more than about 60-65 watts. If you can't afford to buy an upgrade kit ($35 at autodynamic.com), you really shouldn't have high wattage bulbs in the first place. The only way you're gonna avoid melting the harness again is to put your stock bulbs back in. Otherwise you're just cutting corners and you'll end up paying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts