Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had APC Hyperwhites in my Legend in the past, and have really liked the look of them. I also bought the $45 wire harness from autodynamic.com to prevent heat damage. However, they went out about 6 months ago and I was forced to buy more...which I did. Much to my dismay...the new set burnt out in under 2 months! Does this represent the low quality of the bulb or did my harness have anything to do with it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I'm not really sure. I know that there is no guarantee that a high wattage harness won't cause the bulb to burn or the bulb to burn the harness....

If you have the money, I would do yourself a favor and buy a real HID Conversion kit. HID bulbs last 2,000 hours. I am going to be selling them real soon. The kits I will have are Genuine Philips Ultinons. There are cheaper priced kits on ebay but the quality is also cheaper... Visit the Philips Automotive lighting forum to gain more knowledge on HID's and assure your confidence in Philips HID kits. http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea where I can pick up some Philips Hyperwhite bulbs? Not the HID kit...

I once heard that even walmart carried the Philips bulbs...but I went there recently and they did not have them...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have been using an 80 watt Krypton Quartz Super-White in my 92 for over 3 yrs. Have not replaced a bulb. I use a 9004 80/100 (Solaire? sp) in a Maxima and have only replaced one bulb in almost 8 yrs. Have yet to replace a relay in either vehicle. Both vehicles use an auxillary harness/relays. I would assume a high-wattage bulb to have a shorter life-span than the 55 watt OEM. Could the short life be due to your having placed a fingerprint on the surface of the glass?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That might have been the problem with the first set...but with the second set...I know i never touched the bulb once...

Where can I pick up some Krypton bulbs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Halogen/HID Headlamp Light Bulbs for Acura Legend

Got BULBS? I found some kickass price on bulbs at http://www.adventon.com

See for yourself....

PIAA 9006 PLATINUM SERIES SUPER WHITE BULBS for 89-90 ACURA LEGEND SEDAN
Price: $55.14 - Pair

PIAA 9004 PLATINUM SERIES SUPER WHITE BULBS for 89-90 ACURA LEGEND COUPE
Price: $58.58 - Pair

PIAA 9006 PLATINUM SERIES SUPER WHITE BULBS for 91-95 ACURA LEGEND
Price: $55.14 - Pair

NOKYA 9006 ARCTIC WHITE PRO HALOGEN BULBS for 89-90 ACURA LEGEND SEDAN
Price: $20.00 - Pair

NOKYA 9004 ARCTIC WHITE PRO HALOGEN BULBS for 89-90 ACURA LEGEND COUPE
Our Price: $20.00 - Pair

NOKYA 9006 ARCTIC WHITE PRO HALOGEN BULBS for 91-95 ACURA LEGEND
Price: $20.00 - Pair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.