Acura Legend Forum banner

Headlights bulbs? Advice? recommendation?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Cudaman8000 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm lookin for some alternative headlight bulbs. I do not have the money for HID's so I've been lookin at the PIAA 9006/9005 and HB bulbs on ebay, what do you guys think of those and what others would you recommend? Thanks.

#2 ·
Many of us do the 9005>9006 conversion as described on legendtuner.com. I use the 65-watt 9005 "high beam" Silverstar bulbs in my Legend, and with the age of my headlight housing, the 65-watt does not blind anyone driving the other way and makes my driving easier since I see better. Check out legendtuner.com, go to the upgrades section for a picture tutorial. It's so easy it's funny.

Word of advice, use the 65-watt bulbs. Any higher, you may damage your harness.

#7 ·
Kragen.com sells 9006CBs for $2.84/ea + shipping. Yes, $2.84.

I bought them a little over a month ago for the Honda and they worked pretty decently. They appeared to be as bright as the std 9006 bulbs but more "white" vs. a fake blue color I was worried about getting. The order ended up shipping from the ATL warehouse (vs. the Arizona one that's closer to CA). I wouldn't get greedy and order a whole bunch of them to get free shipping though b/c that might cause the order to get cancelled.

This deal hit fatwallet.com a couple weeks ago so it might already be dead but as of this morning, they were still available at this price.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=SYL&mfrpartnumber=9006CB

-g

#8 ·
I found 2 sellers selling HIR bulbs .. what do you think? this and this this the second one I emailed and the guy said the bulbs are 55/65W but I am suspicious about those. The first look good but I dno them really.. how would they compare to something like this? PIAA

Which ones would you guys recommend?

#9 ·
S4gunn said:
This deal hit fatwallet.com a couple weeks ago so it might already be dead but as of this morning, they were still available at this price.

-g
I've always wondered how many others on here are fatwallet/slickdeal'ers :)

svolach said:
I found 2 sellers selling HIR bulbs .. what do you think? this and this this the second one I emailed and the guy said the bulbs are 55/65W but I am suspicious about those. The first look good but I dno them really.. how would they compare to something like this? PIAA

Which ones would you guys recommend?
if you just want some decent headlights go for the sylvania 9006 XV or 9006 CB. they work well at a cheap price. but it sounds like you want to make it look "cooler". in which case, you're probably better off saving for HIDs rather than spending 50-60 bucks for some crappy bulbs that'll burn out in 6-8 months. I'll admit i havnt looked into HIR bulbs so i dont know anything about them.

#11 ·
#12 ·
when you say that you know people who had their HIDs stolen from their cars... did their cars come stock with it? Most people steal HIDs that they know come stock on those cars or cars with projectors. Unless you're doing a projector retro you're not going to be able to tell if its HID or a halogen bulb in the headlights unless of course you're driving it and the theifs see you with your HIDs.

heres a picture of what I had... MTEC 9006 bulbs cosmos blue I think

I had those in for about 2 months then I just got sick of their worse than stock performance. The streetlights lit up the road more than my headlights. and in the rain it was the worst.

#13 ·
S4gunn said:
Kragen.com sells 9006CBs for $2.84/ea + shipping. Yes, $2.84.

I bought them a little over a month ago for the Honda and they worked pretty decently. They appeared to be as bright as the std 9006 bulbs but more "white" vs. a fake blue color I was worried about getting. The order ended up shipping from the ATL warehouse (vs. the Arizona one that's closer to CA). I wouldn't get greedy and order a whole bunch of them to get free shipping though b/c that might cause the order to get cancelled.

-g
Could you post some pics of you 9006cb's and pics of them illuminating the road at night?

#14 ·
IMO, PIAA's are overpriced for what you get. Silverstars are a nice upgrade from stock, but if you're looking for a bulb that will match the color of an HID, the silverstar is not it. I have Eurolites, along with a few other members. For the price, I think they are some of the best bulbs on the market. Also, Koito bulbs are really nice. They are from japan, and come stock in many japanese cars (at least the few still bult in japan). They sell aftermarket "white" bulbs in the states, for about the same price as PIAA's.

WOW! I just noticed that this thread is a month old. I seriously need to start reading dates before I post. oh well.

#15 ·
I have i set of PIAAs for my low beam, they've been in my car for over three years and they're still bright. I recently switched my HB to a set of Nokia's yellow bulbs they're really bright but from what I hear they don't last as long as the PIAAs. If you want really bright bulbs for cheap IMO you should look in to Nokia for your LB and HB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.