Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting some new hyperwhite headlights for my Legend. help me out. what is the best i can get for the cheapest ammount of money. i don't want it to look gay or anything, i want it to look good. i mean, owning an acura, it needs to look good, not like one of those crappy four-bangers with the aluminum wings.

Jared

G

·
Get some HID's. They really aren't that expensive and in the long run it will pay off cause you won't need to pay for the really expensive little Piaa bulbs or those really high wattage bulbs burning your wiring harnesses. You can find them for around like $300 now if you carefully watch ebay. I got mine for $250 from a friend.

If I had to pick my favorite halogen bulb though, it would definitely be the Piaa Super Plasma's. They do look real nice, but they just don't have anywhere close to the light output of real HID's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
if you've got the cash, go for the HID. but if not, id say get some HIB bulbs from jcwhitney. $30 for the pair, and they're 55w, so they wont eff up your housings. they look pretty good, and you cant beat em for the price. unless you want to pay 70-80 bucks a pop for the PIAA ones, which i dont. :)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Do these lok like HID's to you?

Well, I would highly recommend 6000k HID's
But, if you are on a budget, these Naxos do a pretty good job, and have that HID look as well. I showed Aaron, and he asked me what kind of HID's are those? I do not do much night driving, so at this time I am focusing more on the important stuff - engine, tranny, interior and footwork. I have had these bulbs in for over a year - foglights included, no problems.
Fogs =100W
Lo = 80W
Hi = 100W

I think that those bootleg ones are the ones to stay away from, but I will soon get some 6000k's from Autolamps.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Competition Limited. Kit with bulbs around $100. I use an 80w application using Krypton Quartz Super-Whites. And yes, they are white, not yellow. I believe that Competition Limited stated that the true output of their 80w was close to 92 watts. I use Competition Limited b/c you may order extra relays and a diode pack which you should purchase if you opt to install a high-wattage system. I also have an 80/100w 9004 system in another vehicle, and it is even better.

G

·
damn leon did you have to upgrade the harness to add thoes lights?

I really need to hook up w/ the ATL guys for help w/ these mods...

I got a lot of things that need to be install just sitting in the Garage..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts