Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was merging on the freeway yesterday, and suddenly the road in front of me went dark. My headlight just shut off. The interior lighting was still on though.
I tried flipping to high beam and back. That didn't help but a few seconds later they went back on and stayed on.

Anybody had similar experience or knows what this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headlights out

had my passenger side headlight go out on me once. I had grounded my fog lights to a portion of the car body and it must have been affecting the lights. I took off the grounding and the problem went away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Maybe you should check up your fuse box, maybe one of your fuse is loose which cause disconnect power thur headlights.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Had this happen once.....and once only! They went out.....flickered about three times........went out again for about 3 seconds.....and came back on. They have been on every since with not even the slightest problem.

UFO maybe??????

Ghost

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
headlight harness

its gotta be the headlight harness,...happens on my dads pathfinder,...check the harness and tighten it,..if not just get a new harness,.....b4 something shortcircuits.....

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: headlight harness

WicKeD LeGEnD said:
its gotta be the headlight harness,...happens on my dads pathfinder,...check the harness and tighten it,..if not just get a new harness,.....b4 something shortcircuits.....
it it's a harness then only one headlight would go off, right?
two went out simultaneously.

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm

interesting,....i have no clue now,....maybe its the relay?

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
check post^^^^

its under the hood,...that post gives nice details

·
Registered
45 Posts
this actually happens on my legend quite frequently :(
the lights come back on after I re-cycle the switch. the whole thing is pretty annoying but the guy who does electrical work at my mechanics said it would take at least an hour [or tow] to diagnose the problem and at $80/hr I decided just to live with it :(

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
An intermittent problem which results in both Low and Hi beam being inoperative is probably a relay (headlamp) or failing switch. This assumes that you have not spliced into the circuit "re-engineering" or adding some accessory or removing/loosening the chassis ground. I refer you to the circuit diagram on page 23-177 of the HELM 92 Cpe Manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.