Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys/gals (can't really tell cuz i'm behind a pc, but hey i don't discriminate)

i have a 1990 Acura legend ls coupe. it had roughly 120k miles with tan leather ALL POWER, wood grain, bose, and the usually stocks. i recently took the stock tires out and placed ADR VAlkeryie w/kuhmo tires all brand new for 800 off of ebay. if ur interested, go to www.ebay.com, search by seller and under seller type in [email protected]. he has nice @$$ tires/wheels packages for good prices.
Back to the subject at hand...
on these model legends the headlamp contains this plastic like emulsion/film behind the glass. Now i think thats stupid and would like to get rid of this, but can't figure out how? my friend says i should take a blowdryer and allow it to blow on low for a LONG time till it melts away the plastic...well i don't have too much patience for something like that. so what can i do?:(
Also found great stuff for 90 ACURA LEGEND on nopionline.com and racesearch.com , even a ecu by venom.
anyways is there an intake system for my legend (automatic), any form of strut bars ( cuz plain ole sticks just won't do it) and any form of clear lights/altezza/euro lights?
sorry if i done type too much....
thanks
-John Q.-

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Wasup newbie. Welcome. 4 ur first problem, I have no clue. 2nr on the agenda, no clear corners (except for high doller JDM), no altezza/euros (thank god. Why would you want to dessimate a Legend like that?). As for a sturt bar, I'm going to have one fabricated at Area 51 in Irvine, CA. I'm going to have that done along with other stuff. A whole bunch of other guys are comming with us, so if you want to buy, we can ship out to you. Also a CAI is in the works for AT but I hear you can use the Weapon R, but modification might be needed. I'm also in the works for a camber kit. Check out the Area 51 thread under the performance room.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
That's strange....there's no plastic stuff behind the glass lenses in my headlamps.

If I'm not mistaken, the lenses can be removed from the rest of the housing. The lens is held on to the housing with some clips.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
paulo57509

paulo57509, You are right. You can unclip the headlight glass but I do not recommend that ecause you click may not hold it again or that would be very hard to reclip it.

Johnny Quest , 2nd There is no Plastic on the headlight assembly for G1S

The only and only plase plastic is located is the Light bulb housing (black) and the Black round screw on/snap on peace on bulb holder.

There is also whit plastic that a screw goes threw to bolt the headlight and for adjustments.

I removed my broken headlight and it was glass! I even got a glass cut to prove that!

What would be nice is I do not have to partially remove the bumber to get to the headlight!

As for the clear corners, :(

First of all G2 corners are $30 each I think?

For a pair for G1s Its $200

There is a guy on the message board that makes a stock corner lens clear. he does it himself and it looks good.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Who has made their own clear corners? I was considering this but wanted instruction in it first? Was there an earlier thread on it? thanks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Update! No more Custom Clear Corner!

Forget about Custom clear Corners
The guy does not do it anymore and he sold his G1 :(

Oh Well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts