Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have been experiencing an erratic idle problem and have a Weapon R (or aftermarket) intake, especially the carbon fiber one, this post is a heads up for you. Over the past several weeks, I have had an erratic idle where the engine would rev from 500 up to 1500 RPM while in park and the idle would "stick" at about a 1000 PRM wile in stop and go traffic. After being diagnosed from being anything from a bad fast idle valve or ECU to bad plugs or EACV (Electronic Air Control Valve), I finally decided to troubleshoot the issue myself. Knowing that most erratic idle problems are either electronic or vacuum-related, I decided to check all of the hoses coming from my CF Weapon R intake. Imagine my surprise when I found that the smallest outlet (the one closest to the throttle body) that leads to the air boost valve was completely blocked! Thinking that there was just a piece of crud blocking the opening, I removed the intake and stuck a small metal probe into the outlet only to find that it had never been drilled all of the way through!! Hoping that I had found the source of my problem, I then finished Weapon R's work for them, reinstalled the intake and CAB and immediately found that my idle problem had vanished.

The long and the short of it is that this type of workmanship and quality control is totally unacceptable. I don't think I have any engine damage but time will tell. Makes me wonder about Weapon R and Leo Now's committment to anything---except making money. As usual, let the buyer beware----

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm sure that most people know how I feel about WeaponR (and TenzoR, and Ractive, and the rest of that junk... etc... etc...)

:rolleyes:

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Ah yes, HUNTING FOR AN IDLE SYNDROME. Im aware of this symptom. It used to happen all the time, till i figured it out.

Rest assured my intake Systems come with a part purposly so this DOES NOT HAPPEN. As for Weapon R, do they own a Legend...........................?

~Hybrid

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.