Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A quick review / warning:

Just finished installing a new head unit using the American International HON-K828 installation kit. First off, the instructions are not that helpful besides telling you what tabs to break off... they don't tell you that you MUST install the kit with the pocket above the head unit. Not what I really wanted to do, but it's the only way to fit it back behind the wood surround. Of course I realized this after I broke off two of the install tabs (both side tabs). After closer inspection I now know it is possible to install the kit without breaking any of the "necessary tabs."

The correct way to install the kit is:

* Remove all tabs as directed
* Remove wood surround / old head unit from frame (Surround is fragile)
* Place install kit in frame with the pocket on top.
- You'll notice two notches in the sides of the bottom of the frame.
- Hard to tell that they are there with the felt around the frame edge.
* Line up side tabs with notches and slide the install kit upwards until the upper tabs are behind the top of the frame
* All 4 tabs should now be secured behind the metal frame.
* Insert the install sleeve for your head-unit.

Unit should now be securely fastened into your dash.

* I will point out that even with the two side tabs broken off in my install the AI kit is still very snug, but if you want a rock solid install follow the instructions above.

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
heh, I had such a ahrd time getting the kit i bought to work too. I broke off all the tabs it told me to, and it still didn't work. SO i broke off soem more tabs, pretty soon all of the tabs were broken off. And it STILL didn't fit. So I just returned it to best buy and went to Fry's electronics and bought a Metra(i think thats what its called) Universal dash pocket. Worked perfectly. Didn't have to remove any tabs and it just slid right in and clicked in. :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
metra kits are easier to install and of higher quality most of the time:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.