Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any headwork to thier legends. I think it runs about 600 dollars to get the heads ported and polished and it think the results are about 30 horsepower, anyone done it???????

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you know how much he paid for it????????
By the way, is Alexei active on this forum, cuz I know he used another Legend forum

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
he was on the old board.
i havent heard from him in ages tho

unique too, he had the heads milled, PnP & even stuffed larger diameter butterflies to accomodate the pnp. ive never heard of that being done, nomally they are just removed.

he also made a muffler that was solenoid controlled to open up to a straight pipe.

on his website he stated 200hp to the wheels & he ran a 14.7?
@ sears point.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was rather disappointed that he never talked about his ECU... just called it custom and that was the end of it... Without more details it's rather difficult to repeat what he did, you know?

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
im not here to talk down on him or anything, but alot of the mods on his car werent explained to the level that satisfied me.

to redo fuel maps on a car is something beyond the capabilities of the normal tuner. & i cant understand how a plate is going to open with engine vaccum & not exhaust pressure.

I dunno, i like his tower bars :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alexei, you out there????????
LOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't want to talk down on him either... Planning all that stuff out and doing it must be very time consuming, documenting everything and putting it on the net makes it even more time consuming (and I know he's involved with Audis too). But in the end it works out better for the whole community because it saves other people from having to duplicate work that has already been done... It's hard to advance on to even newer mods if you get bogged down in trying to figure out ones that have already been done. And if you aren't a mech eng, it's frustrating, if you aren't an eng at all it might be impossible to understand the theoretical bits at all! (In regards to the intake, how do you model compressible fluid flow? Incompressible is pretty easy but air is compressible) I wish i could fill in the details but I'm not the right kind of engineer... (CSE=CS&CE) I'll stick to electronics stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts