Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, what exactly is the heat shield? whenever my car is idle or just moving real slow, you can hear some sort of like rattling, clanking noise coming from under the car somewhere. but when im idle and just press down on the clutch the noise goes away, and when you release the clutch it comes back. anyone have any idea if its the heat shield, or something else? thanks

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Mines was making alot of noise and one day while I was at my mechanic, I told him to remove it and all the vibrations and noise stopped.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
yea i also have a slight vibration sounds sometimes at starting da car and at low speed acceleration.....................is it da heat shield??????? its annoying sound..............wats its purpose neway? if u wanna lower ur car 1.5 inch with h & rs, and .75 inch konis......so 2.25 inch..............can u go over bumps and steep driveways (btw wud dat be too low for steep driveways?) safely............if u remove dat shield.........??

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
yea i also have a slight vibration sounds sometimes at starting da car and at low speed acceleration.....................is it da heat shield??????? its annoying sound..............wats its purpose neway? if u wanna lower ur car 1.5 inch with h & rs, and .75 inch konis......so 2.25 inch..............can u go over bumps and steep driveways (btw wud dat be too low for steep driveways?) safely............if u remove dat shield.........??
yes, thats it!

and, BTW you will be fine on the drop...just make sure offset is right

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Yes you'll be ok over bumps and if the car is lowered. All the sheild is, is a cover that protects the cat but most people take their shield off because it begins to rattle after awhile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts