Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question about the heated seats.

What part of the seat is heated?

Just bought this car and still learning it. I noticed that only the back of the seat is heated and not the base that you sit on. I always thought that both were heated. Just wondering if this is normal or broken. The same is true for both driver and passenger seats.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
andwhat03 said:
Just a quick question about the heated seats.

What part of the seat is heated?

Just bought this car and still learning it. I noticed that only the back of the seat is heated and not the base that you sit on. I always thought that both were heated. Just wondering if this is normal or broken. The same is true for both driver and passenger seats.

Thanks
My butt and back always get warm.
Not sure why yours doesnt do it.
Maybe drive naked next time and test it out.
I know it took me a long time to feel the "butt" part, getting warm,
as you usually have thick jacket or pants on......

·
Registered
734 Posts
Is there a separate climate control for the seats? If so where is it located, cause they must have forgotten to put heated seats in mine.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
Is there a separate climate control for the seats? If so where is it located, cause they must have forgotten to put heated seats in mine.
Do you have L or LS?
I think the heated seats was only in LS...
Or am I terribly wrong?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
whiplash9001 said:
You have a coupe? If so then heated seats only came in LSs. If you have a sedan then they only came in LSs and 94-95 GSs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
infinite said:

You have a coupe? If so then heated seats only came in LSs. If you have a sedan then they only came in LSs and 94-95 GSs.
Ok, I have a 95 coupe, how can I tell it from a LS or L?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
whiplash9001 said:

Ok, I have a 95 coupe, how can I tell it from a LS or L?
Do you have climate control like this?

If so, you have LS, if not and you have the dual knob. Then you have L.

·
Registered
734 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

Do you have climate control like this?

If so, you have LS, if not and you have the dual knob. Then you have L.
Thanks for the info:cool:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Re: Re: Heated Seats question?

jose3030 said:

man how did i know u would say something like that:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Re: Re: Heated Seats question?

jose3030 said:

I know it took me a long time to feel the "butt" part, getting warm,
as you usually have thick jacket or pants on......
Only Jose would say something like this. :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
hahahaha, if your heated seats don't work properly and don't heat your butt, then simple fix, just whenever it's gonna be cold outside or something, eat lots of beans and burritos and you'll heat the seats up pretty quick!!! :D

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Heated Seats question?

Triton3K said:

Only Jose would say something like this. :D
Hey man, like.
Heated Seats is a new concept for me.
I'm still oooh'ing and aaah'ing.

:)

Now, if I start growing my hair out like Ricky Martin, 1985 Menudo style, that's when you gotta start askin questions.

lol.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK How about a serious answer this time kids.

·
Registered
12 Posts
heated seats

how did you get on with your seat heaters
should be both bottom and lower back
i have sane problem,i suspect there is a saftey cutout according to wiring diagram which opens circuit if it gets above 140 f

no one answers my posts either
i am not sure if its because none of them have heated seats or
no experiance in this matter or they only chat to there mates

jt

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not cold outside anymore, so i gave it up, for now at least. I really haven't researched anything on it yet, but what you said is a good starting place. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
393 Posts
A wiring diagram, a voltage checker, and a good shop manaul.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
Hi bro,

there is a connector from the bottom seat heater to the seat back heater...worth checking to make sure it is connected. The heater "coil" is like a resistance strip..when current is passed through it, it gets warm from the resistance (a thermistor controls the heating units). If the connector is hooked up and only the back seat heating unit is not working it is probably the seat back heating unit that is failed. You can remove seat back by going from the back of the seat (make sure you move the seat forward to disconnect the connector noted above)

Addendum:
--------------
coil - (there is a special name for it but I call it a coil) just like in portable heaters the coil that turns red (best way to describe it) - there is something like that in the seat and it gets burned out after long periods of use so you have to change it. It is obviously not as powerful as the "coil" in a portable heater but it basicly does the same thing.
This is the best way I could describe it, maybe a knowledge like ChrisK or someone could explain it better.

Mike / Cologne /Germany)

·
Registered
12 Posts
heated seats

thanks for info
i got stuck in this weekend past.
the two controllers (scrs's)are under front passenger seat.
they tested ok with a dummy load.
Took leather off bottom of front seat.Found element had burnt out between the back and middle panel on the seat cushion.
Looks to me like the wire which is held down by clips was sitting on actual electric wire. I rejoined it and crimped it i do not know if it will last.
I rang honda today ,$876 NZ For drivers seat element.$780 for passenger side.
That is a rip off.I will replace it with a locally made element.They are identical to electric blankets.
Mike are you taking about the fuseable link or breaker as they have it in wiring diagram ,a saftey in case the controller shorts and element stays on.
If anyone has had any experiance in putting a non standard element in i would like to hear from them.
(in reply to mike,i tried chris k but as he lives in hawai he never uses them and knows little ,so he said)
In fact now one apart from you on this forum has been of any help as yet.
Apparently the seat heaters are very reliable and a local trimmer told me very rare they fail.I reckon a big fat sumo must have sat on the seat

jt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts