Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1992 Legend's heat A.C. fan stopped blowing in the lower speeds a few months ago. It would only blow in the high speed position. And then, a few days ago it stopped blowing in the high position. The fuses are O.K. Should I be replacing the Heater A.C. Control panel switch or the blower motor? And how hard is it to replace the blower motor? I have ordered a manual, but I was hoping to start the repair this weekend. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
There is a good chance that your problem is a bad transistor. It actually sits in the heater assembly and plugs into the blower motor. In the pic below you can see the hole in the top right, that is where the transistor goes. Should be able to pick one up for a reasonable price around $20 used.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is also a good chance your motor is done for mine did the same thing. It would only work on high speeds and then it died on me. I just took mine out and opend it up and found out that the contacts that give the motor electricty where shaved off all the way to the wire causing it to loose it's power. Below is a picture with two circles showing where the contacts are the one on the left is where it got completly shaved off. You can get a replacement from car quest for around 120 dollars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts