Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about replacing the seats in their Legend?

I ask this because my friend replaced his with leather seats out of an Integra because his were worn pretty badly and he bought the Integra seats for $75 in good condition. The color matched his tan seats also. Anyways, when we took the power seats out, the drivers seat had to have weighed at least 100 lbs., maybe even around 150. The Integra seats probably weighed around 25 lbs each. They didn't bolt up, but we welded them in. We had to replace the seatbelt also.
It sat a lot lower, but he liked it better that way. It also didn't have power seats anymore, but he didn't mind that either.

Just an idea if anyone is looking for ways to make their car lighter.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
That's a good idea if you just want the performance, but, personally, I wouldn't do it, I like these cars for their decent amount of Luxury. I'm thinking the Heated Seats are probably even MORE.. heavy...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't want to give up my power seats. That's why I told him about them instead of doing them on my own car. His power seats stopped working anyways so that's another reason he did it.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I actually prefer manual seats. Power seat motors are too slow (and add complexity) for me. However, keep in mind that depending on how well the seats are welded in, safety may be compromised. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want racing or sports seats, look into Tenzo R. I hear they have new seats which look great and are a great value. I still might buy them for my car. I like the power seats, but the only time I adjust them is when someone else sits in the seats, which is rare/never....so it would really bother me too give up the power adjust.

-Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.