Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an Acura service manual for my 1988 legend coupe off ebay (it's got a pink cover). I'm planning on doing some light work on my legend soon like replacing my fuel injector seals, but I find that the manual that I have is kind of lacking in descriptions and diagrams. Does anyone know if the Helm manual is any better? I don't want to shell out another 60 bucks for virtually the same manual.. hehe. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've got both. The real service manual is very specific and is actually translated from Japan. The other one is generic- it is for Legends and Integras. I guess they are similar. That one is based upon some Americans taking apart the cars and putting them back together. If you are doing regular repairs either one will do but the pictures are a lot better and specific in the real manual. Depending on your skills and what you are doing you may just want to shell out the $60. Especially, if you plan on keeping your car for a while.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply but the one for both the integra and legend is the Haynes manual. I'm talking about the Helm manual which I heard is better. I wonder if it would be worth it for me to buy that one.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the Helm and think it's very good. It is basically a schematic breakdown of every component. I don't know whether the one you bought on Ebay is the same as the Helm or not. The Helm is a 2 volume set.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I remember someone saying a while back that the helm manual is just a reprint of the service manual.

I also have a service manual for my 88 coupe but the cover is grey not pink?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I got my service manual on ebay- for $15
I always see a few being sold.

esti

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks for the link
ive been thinking about picking this up

that friggn helm site is aweful. the load times make me feel like im using a 28.8 haha

·
Registered
137 Posts
thpose ebay cd-roms are just bootlegged shop editions. They are literally the cds that the shops use. I ordered a civic/crx one for $5 shipped. The acura ones are floating around for about $15, and I bet they're word for word Helm/Service manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts