Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with a Helm manual or ever used one, please describe what it is. Does it explain and detail "how to" do repairs? Or does it merely show a schematic breakdown of repairs and you have to figure out how to do it? Also, I understand the "new" manuals are actually copies of the original that come in a binder. Are they good quality and well worth the $58.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Rick90Legend said:
For those with a Helm manual or ever used one, please describe what it is. Does it explain and detail "how to" do repairs? Or does it merely show a schematic breakdown of repairs and you have to figure out how to do it? Also, I understand the "new" manuals are actually copies of the original that come in a binder. Are they good quality and well worth the $58.
How much detail are you looking for? Of course, you do have to have some mechanical ability and common sense. The manual is written under the assumption that this is the case.

The factory manual available from Helm is far and wide the better choice over a Haynes or Chilton manual.

My electrical diag manual is a copy. Some of the photographs that show component locations are poor, but I still feel it was money well spent. As far as the service manual goes, it contains line diagrams (instead of actual photographs) which should reproduce well on a copy machine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously more detail than Haynes which is marginal help on projects. Does the manual explain repairs or merely show a schematic drawing for how things go together? I will probably order but sceptical about a copied edition.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Helm Manual... Money WELL spent

The manual is a MUST HAVE item... It gives VERY detailed descriptions of how to diagnose a problem and it gives a step-by-step approach to how to repair a problem... I find it a little hard to navigate to what I want as it doesn't really have an index. Sections are broken down to engine, manual transmission (if offered that year), automatic trasmission, body, and electrical. It often calls for some Honda specific tools, but many can be made from the diagrams they provide. It is made for mechanics to use, so it may not be as simple as a haynes manual, but you could always combine the 2. I paid more than 58 US as I bought mine from the dealer and I say it's money well spent !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts