1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If you can buy it for under $25 take a chance. I would be concerned about just how comprehensive it actually is. I doubt HELM would allow an outside source to use their information.
The only source other than HELM which has as comprehensive information is the Mitchell Manual Series. The Mitchell is printed by Mfgr and Yr and covers all models. The copy I have (1992) thus covers the 1992 Legend, Vigor, and Integra. I found a copy of the Mitchell in a local public library.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LPB said:
If you can buy it for under $25 take a chance. I would be concerned about just how comprehensive it actually is. I doubt HELM would allow an outside source to use their information.
The only source other than HELM which has as comprehensive information is the Mitchell Manual Series. The Mitchell is printed by Mfgr and Yr and covers all models. The copy I have (1992) thus covers the 1992 Legend, Vigor, and Integra. I found a copy of the Mitchell in a local public library.
Take a look at the link in my above post and tell me how comprehensive you think this is.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
pYmpdaddi said:
Take a look at the link in my above post and tell me how comprehensive you think this is.
I looked at the Ebay listing. No Body Info listed. Again, I would be concerned about just how much info (the Helm is 1470 pages) is provided for each model, type and year. For $25 or less buy it. If it turns out to be junk; toss it.
If it is "the best thing since sliced bread" let us know and we will all order one. I already have a HELM, a Mitchell, and yes, even a Chilton and Haynes (which are only good for light reading while in the W.C.).

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LPB said:

even a Chilton and Haynes (which are only good for light reading while in the W.C.).
LOL:D Are you hating on my Haynes?
My Helms are coming next week hehe:D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

LOL:D Are you hating on my Haynes?
My Helms are coming next week hehe:D
It's not that I hate them, it is just that neither are comprehensive enough if you wish to perform your own DIY repairs. Better to earmark the $20 or so towards the best manual available. Wait until the HELM arrives and you begin to read the 1470 pages...you shall chastise yourself for taking so long in ordering the HELM manual.

·
Registered
296 Posts
LPB said:

I looked at the Ebay listing. No Body Info listed. Again, I would be concerned about just how much info (the Helm is 1470 pages) is provided for each model, type and year. For $25 or less buy it. If it turns out to be junk; toss it.
If it is "the best thing since sliced bread" let us know and we will all order one. I already have a HELM, a Mitchell, and yes, even a Chilton and Haynes (which are only good for light reading while in the W.C.).
It is actually a Mitchell Manual on CD. It's called Mitchell on Demand and it covers from 1983-2000 on Honda, Acura, and Isuzu.

Ghost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts