Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! I want to replace the stereo in my 91 Legend. I had the car sitting up for about 4 months and of course the battery went dead. When I put in the unlock code the word "code" went off of the display and the radio is still not playing. So with that I just decided to replace the head unit and speakers pretty much since they are so old. I wanted to do it in stages like change the radio first hokk it up with the BOSE speakers then maybe 2 weeks or so later change the speakers out. I was told I would need new wiring throughout the car also. So here are my questions.

Is it true that the BOSE system will not work with aftermarket components?

Will I need to change all the wiring when I add a new system?

Any recommendations on a decent system for a fair price? I have a MB Quartz subwoofer in it that I think I am gona take out and put in my other vehicle. So for this car since I don't drive it much I just want something decent that sounds good.

Also how hard is it to do the install myself?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The BOSE Headunit is 2-ohm. If you put 4-ohm speakers on it, there will be very little power output coming from your speakers if it is the non-premium edition. Someone else will come along and give you more in-depth information.

or you can search for related topics using the search button.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Hey mikeymike

if you want more info you can pm me or the best way to get really good info is to go to the old legend.org forums, and post for Bing. The guy really knows his stuff and can tell you exactly what to do for what you want. He is a master of Legend audio.
And while you are on there. Post a memo on every heading that tells about these new forums.

BTW if your bose is the premium one, good luck, everything is at 2 ohms, sorry.:(
And i dont think you will have to change out your wiring, just use the existing wiring and go with a new head unit and all new speakers, and you will probably need to bypass the factory amp, i think it is behind the back seat on the left side
hope i helped
peace
Tnelson

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
mikeymike said:
[B

Is it true that the BOSE system will not work with aftermarket components? [/B]
No, it is not true. Any competent person can make it work with aftermarket components. It all depends on what BOSE system and parts you are working with.

Will I need to change all the wiring when I add a new system?[/B]
No, you will not need to change all the wiring. Again, it depends on what you want to do, but you can use the same speaker wiring that the OEM speakers use if you choose, and you can use the same power and ground wires as well.

Any recommendations on a decent system for a fair price? I have a MB Quartz subwoofer in it that I think I am gona take out and put in my other vehicle. So for this car since I don't drive it much I just want something decent that sounds good.

Also how hard is it to do the install myself? [/B]
I suggest you post what components you want to interface into the BOSE system. What headunit are you going to use, and what outputs does it have? Are you keeping the BOSE amp for now, or replacing it? And how long are you planning to keep the OEM BOSE speakers?

Depending on your answers to these questions, you can, or can not do certain things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts