Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, I just received my ECU back from Bayou Performance and hooked everything up. Whenever I turn the car on I get the check engine light. I'm going to go through the process of getting the error code on the dash (shorting the test connector) to find out what the error is. Has anyone else experience this problem? The car is idling fine and it revs up ok, but I haven't driven it. If you have any suggestions or advice I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I tried to short the test jumper, and the check engine light remains solid.

I also tried to replace the stage 2 chip with the stock chip, and still the same results, check engine light.

I have a feeling it's not the chip, but more so the ECU .. Any ideas?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dave - I check for broken pins and whatnot and everything there looks good.

However, right next to the new performance chip, I noticed a trace that was lifted off of the circuit board and looked very out of place. I think this should've been soldered somewhere. I'm just waiting for a call back from PPP. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have to send it back to them to get this taken care of. I followed the directions exactly .. I would think they would check to see if everything looked good before they shipped it to me.

And for the ECU question, you don't need the battery unplugged, just have to make sure the ignition is off. The reason for this is, if you have the ignition set to on, there is power going through the ECU, and then unplugging those cables could cause some problems.

·
Banned
11 Posts
hey
don't be scare just take the car to the acura or honda dealer and the will reset the check engine light ,anytime u hook up something new like turbo, supercharger, sometimes that the computer doesn't know the check engine light will come on in think, they are some techs over my job that surpercharged or turbocharged Integras had the same problem but they just reset it.
tomorrow i will ask a tech and will let u know.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
ogs said:
hey
don't be scare just take the car to the acura or honda dealer and the will reset the check engine light ,anytime u hook up something new like turbo, supercharger, sometimes that the computer doesn't know the check engine light will come on in think, they are some techs over my job that surpercharged or turbocharged Integras had the same problem but they just reset it.
Um, this is a 2 year old thread. Nice bump :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
ogs said:
hey
not with a chip. more than likely, this problem is going to have to be dealt with thru bayou. sounds like they messed up your ecu.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
stevieray said:
Clearly a case of too much time on his hands. Looks like a triumph of the uncluttered mind to me. :p
I took care of him and erased most of his posts. If he's too stupid to figure out a message board, we don't need him. Some of his other posts were waaay off topic and not even close to coherent conversation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just installed my ECU today [the one i bought off a member here] and i came up with the same problem. My engine light seems to to come on when the engine hits 4,000 rpm. Can anyone help? Have i screwed up my legend :S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts