Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok noticed a drip of gas on my new driveway..nice

anyways its the pressure line gas take side just where it goes into the junction where the front line connects to it (part # 17707-SP0-A32 ) # 22 in this pic Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura

anyways Ill never get it apart its very rusty so the front line would have to be replaced as well Over $200.00 for parts and take me days to do OR

can i just cut out the bad section with a pipe cutter (no sparks) and use fuel injection rubber line and clamp it?

Its still very cold here and i can only work outdoors the rubber i could do in a few hours......

advice please guys!!! the pressure is only 29-35 psi on these cars!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Just took a look at my donor tank and lines and that pressure hose looks pretty strong. The fuel pressure on these is supposed to be 38psi after having gone through the filter, so I'm guessing here but I would think it would be more back there. Not to mention when it gets hot and the gas expands there will be a lot of pressure there. Just my .02

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not what i wanted to hear!

well I putting it up on my ramps in the AM so ill be SURE exactly where the leak is and get a better look at the connection hopefully the wreckers has something....

Im hopeing the grab from the tank to just past the connection then use compression fittings to splice it in

barring that it will have to be rubber hose

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Just a FYI, you most likely will need to remove the back seat to unplug the connectors to the fuel pump and fuel gauge. Then if you remove the plastic cover protecting the lines, which you may already have removed, remove the two bolts holding the lines to the frame. Once you've done that you should be able to put a little support under the tank and undo the bolts on the straps on the rear to drop the tank low enough to get a good look and work on it if necessary.

Good luck.

P.S. If you end up needing any parts, if you can't find them at a local junk yard, I've got them all as I just pulled that tank a couple of days ago. Arizona car too so no rust.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I going to pull the rear seat open the access cover unbolt the pressure line lift it up out of the slot and it should feed down (once unbolted from the front line and frame) without haveing to pull the tank i hope I had the tank out this time last year for the return lines and if I remember corretly there is some space in-between the lines and the body what really sucks too is ive got 3/4 tank of gas...... and its minus 7 this morning

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well went to the wreckers and thier were 2 legends pulled the lines and BOTH were repaired with rubber exactly where mine was leaking so thats what i just did i used rubber and tripple clamped each end

I still have the upper return hose leaking and i double clamped it and it still just ever so lightly seeps.....

ill have to push it futher on the steel i guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts