Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed small little drips of gas ... rear driver side. small small drips. i need to take the cover off and see whats leaking. does anyone know how to do that??

help please. or direct me to a DIY or something. i did the search, and found some threads. but nothing that will really help me. im still searching away.. just need a hand with it

might be my fuel line..
if it is .. 95% sure it is.. is it easy to diy and what tools do i need and what steps do i take to tackle this f*king problem :(

THANKS!

·
Registered
292 Posts
its likely your return lines

BUT may also be your high pressure supply lines

you will likely HAVE to drop the tank

Now if you need to order lines order them from the U.S they will be over 50% cheaper INCLUDING shipping them a dealer near you

easy if you have a lift if not buy a set of ramps and back up on them get your tank as empty as you can

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Then it sounds like your leak is from the pressurized line which means it is most likely leaking the whole time you are driving. A couple of months ago someone had a leak problem and it was due to corrosion on one of the fuel lines. Believe the repair was cutting the corroded part off and adding some line. In the pic below on the left side is a line that is black with red lettering, this is most likely the line you will find the leak in probably at the connection point to the long line running under the car. Another thing to check, once you turn it off open your filler cap to relieve pressure and see if the leak stops faster.

Photobucket

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have one question. I used seafoam recently ..... do you think the cleaning agent in the seafoam helped speed up the corrosion ? because the car has NEVER leaked fuel on me b4... unless it was just a coincidence ...

thanks for your help guys.. *sigh.. i guess its under the car i go this weekend...
not going to pay 200$ or w.e for someone to fix it :p

·
Registered
894 Posts
You might want to check where the leak is coming from first because it can be as easy as tightening or replacing a clamp. Remove the plastic cover that protects your fuel connections and look for the wet spot. I had 2 leaks from there already and had my tank rebuilt.

·
Registered
292 Posts
thats the high pressure line

Now the bad news its gone at the connection which means you need to replace the tank line AND the front line

OR use rubber line thats what i did

if you go rubber

buy a plumbing pipe cutter a small one cut the front line a few inches up from the connection

remove rear seat open access cover for fuel pump loosen line watch the metal seals(2) dont loose them

go below and tie some string to tyhe tank line...

pull the tank line up through the access cover now the string is there instead

cut the tank line above the rubber where it is straight put rubber hose on there and double clamp it tie string to new rubber and pull through from below double clamp it to the front line

I put my rubber hose inside some plastic wire loom stuff to protect it from rubbing

get FI rated hose!!

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pictures by any chance....

just something simple do i can get an idea... i dont want you to strip your car apart again.. just... simple pictures?

EDIT: cant i just buy the part and replace it? and if i were to do such a thing... how to i get the lines off?? pull them off?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
You can buy the high pressure line from the tank to the connection, it is part number "17707-SP0-A32 HOSE, FUEL JOINT" but is rather expensive at about $145 retail ($108.56 hondapartsunlimited.com) and you would still need to do something about connecting it to the fuel line from there. You could also see if you can find a non-corroded piece at a junk yard to tie in or do as contact148 did. Of course another option is to find someone who has the hose and pipe available that they could cut off leaving you with one connection to make.

P.S. Look at the pic of the tank above, what contact148 is saying is cut into that line with the black hose with red lettering and the line after the connection and replace the cut out section with hose and clamps.

·
Banned
14,938 Posts
searching FTW. i had a guy come to me with this exact problem today, he said he saw a thread when he did a search, i looked it up.

He had the same problem the line was rusted at that connection, we used 3/4in rubber fuel like (high pressure) with some proper clamps.

did not have to replace the line from fuel tank.

He has reported that its isn't leaking any more atm. Hopefully it stays this way. i'm going to inspect it after he drives it a little more.

BTW, b4 he saw that it was leaking good under his car. His symptom was that his car wouldn't start on the first crank, he had to do it twice. makes sense when u think about it, since it drains the line to the fuel filter. :)

I love the forum. Great wealth of knowledge around here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Damn, I hate bump a thread, but I just did a fuel filter replace and now I have a leak. I'm going to see if I need to drop the tank or just see if its corrosion, and me moving it around broke it off... fun!

...subscribed!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just pull off the plastic shield and you should be able to see the connection. That plastic shield is part of the problem as it holds snow and road salts to make the connection rust faster!
aha! Yeah, now that I studied the supply lines and see what your talking about, I may be able to get away with just jacking One side and taking off that tire, right? ...I hope! Wife's getting home in an hour so I have to plan this thing NOW! 1. make kids dinner, 2. get jack stand and jack out, 3. socket set, 4. take it off, Baby!

:popcorn: wonder how much blood this Vampire Legend will suck from me this time... :giggle:

·
Fut RIP
10,258 Posts
aha! Yeah, now that I studied the supply lines and see what your talking about, I may be able to get away with just jacking One side and taking off that tire, right? ...I hope! Wife's getting home in an hour so I have to plan this thing NOW! 1. make kids dinner, 2. get jack stand and jack out, 3. socket set, 4. take it off, Baby!

:popcorn: wonder how much blood this Vampire Legend will suck from me this time... :giggle:
Oh she gonna suck you dry. I'm surprised I'm still alive with my 8 legends.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.