Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 baseball sized dents on my car. One is on the passenger side above the wheel well (where your gas cap would be if it were on the other side), and the other is slightly above it. The paint is not cracked or damaged. How do i get them out? I tried using a plunger, but it did not create enough suction, and the other higher dent will not create suction due to the creases on our cars.

Please Help!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
There's a product I saw on ebay called a "Glue Puller" that would do the trick. However, it was rather expensive and the results are not yet documented. Your best bet is to take it to a paintless dent removal place. Shouldn't cost more than two hundred bucks to fix.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You could remove the trunk liner and try and hammer it out, but I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THAT. I tried it on my old accord and had nothing but outward stress marks around the dent. The other method of DIY dent pulling is a slide hammer style puller, which I believe requires drilling. In short: Take it to a dent removal place to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
583 Posts
TRY THIS FIRST:

no harm easy way that may work.
Heat the area with a hair dryer or a heat gun (preferred) just not so hot to blister paint, just hot to touch around entire dented area.

THEN:
apply ice to the center of the dented area. sounds crazy, but it it's not to deep and isn't creased up, it works sometimes.
If not, not a lot of time/money etc got wasted up, and then you take it to a dent guy, who'll probably have mega suction cups to pull it out quick like, and charge an arm and a leg.

another option, find a highschool/trade school, with an auto shop.
ask the teach if he can pull it out in front of the class, as a demo.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys! yea i tried the hammering thing from the inside out using the handle of a screwdriver. it made it look a lil better, but i have a few dents from the inside out now. Thanks for your input, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. i might try that hairdryer/ice trick. i hadnt thought of that before!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thanks for the info! i pretty much considered everyting you said. i jus tried the heat/ice thing, but it didnt work. My friend and i improved the top dent to where its not noticable. However i just realized by bigger dent has cracked paint. Its not chipping or peeling, its just cracked and you can see a few horizontal lines. WHat should i do? I do not want to repaint it.

thanks, AcuraGuy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts