Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFTER I GOT AN ALIGNMENT YESTERDAY THE GUY SAID THAT ONE OF MY CONTROL ARMS ARE BENT.....

HOW CRITICIAL IS IT TO REPLACE IT

THANKS
RICHARD

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If the control arm is bent you could have also bent the damper enough to cause it to wear rapidly and/or respond atypically. Car will not track well and be prone to rapid tire wear. Could also contribute to a loss of control in an emergency. You need to replace it ASAP.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
If the control arm is bent you could have also bent the damper enough to cause it to wear rapidly and/or respond atypically. Car will not track well and be prone to rapid tire wear. Could also contribute to a loss of control in an emergency. You need to replace it ASAP. The facility who performed the alignment should have notified you of their inability to perform same due to the condition of the A-arm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LPB said:
If the control arm is bent you could have also bent the damper enough to cause it to wear rapidly and/or respond atypically. Car will not track well and be prone to rapid tire wear. Could also contribute to a loss of control in an emergency. You need to replace it ASAP. The facility who performed the alignment should have notified you of their inability to perform same due to the condition of the A-arm.
thanks
i guess i have to replace it!!!!

and yes while the car was on the lift they told me about the bent control arm and they also showed me

thanks
richard

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
If it's not that obviously bent, that was pretty good of the mechanic to notice that, he seems to have an eye for detail, thats good:cool:

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have acess to scrap metal, such as alloy and frame, and an industrial weld, you should strengthen the control arms and other suspension related parts. This is proven to improve handling, provide a more stable ride, and allows you to go rally!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sympatico said:
If you have acess to scrap metal, such as alloy and frame, and an industrial weld, you should strengthen the control arms and other suspension related parts. This is proven to improve handling, provide a more stable ride, and allows you to go rally!!!
thanks
to evey one that made an input

i am not sure if i want to go rally

thanks
richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts