Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My radiator is busted :( I turned my car on, and my rpm's was going up and down, prob just the sensors. Either way, it's squirting out fluid from the back radiatorto the front right coner. I got a quote 4 $300 and that's not even Acura :(. I found this radiator @ ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601052353 How do I know this is the right one (i don't know the dimension of mine)? never delt with this b4:( Can I change the radiator myself? :confused: :( Thanks, any input counts! Latin.............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND,

This is a common problem with the Legend. The OEM radiator tanks are made of plastic. I would highly recommend you find a replacement with metal tanks. I bought my radiator from a local vendor, however you can try A and H motorsports
http://ahmotor.com/

If you are mechanically inclined you will be able to change the radiator, it's more a PITA than anything else. One item of importance, be sure to get all the air out of the system via the air bleeding valve on thermostat housing.

Have fun,
91Legend

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 91Legend! :D I'm thinking I'm going to buy the EBay one and go 4 it!. Latin...........

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jmckell, that's the one I found on ebay earlier, I'm worred about the dimensions though. But I think I'm going 4 it cuz I called Acura and they quoted me about 400 to 500 bucks 4 a radiator:eek: ! Thanks though. Latin.........

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
THANKGOD YOUR RADIATOR BROKE!!!

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN KNOW WITH YOUR BUSTED RADIATOR!!!!!!?!!?

:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO @ Legend 11. U azzzzzzz! LOL no time 4 horsing around, can't u c my car needs surgery! LOL :D Hey jmckell how much did u pay for it?? L8trzzzzzzzzz Latin..........

·
meber
978 Posts
I payed $175.00 for mine. The dealership here wanted to charge me $700.00 to buy and install a new one.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Modine makes a great replacement radiator. Every screw and mount perfectly matches the OEM and comes with a lifetime warranty.

The plastic top tank is not the problem. The welding on the top tank was defective which resulted in leaks. The Denso Radiator problem was resolved in 93' and up. Modine also uses a plastic top tank design, to date I have not had any problems.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought one off ebay...

from one of those radiator warehouses. And it's been fine so far.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I also found that website, www.radiators.com I called them and asked for the dimension of the radiator they sell, and they said 16 3/4 X 26 3/4 X 1 1/8 which is the same dimension of the ones from ebay. :D So I bid and won! I'm going to install it myself though with my friend. I hope everything turns out great on my end! Thanks fo everyone that responded and helped me out!. ;) Latin..................

·
meber
978 Posts
Good luck Latin. Make sure that you take off the engine gaurd on the bottom, it will make it much, much easier to do. I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jmckell said:
Good luck Latin. Make sure that you take off the engine gaurd on the bottom, it will make it much, much easier to do. I found out the hard way.
Thanks! :D Latin..........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts