Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was heading to work and got to the garage i park at and at the entrance there were utility trucks that were there helping with some pipes or something. anyway they had the entrance pretty well blocked off and had to try and guide me in between two of the trucks to get into the entrance. The problem is they didn't quite guide me too well and my right front fender clipped the corner of the steel bumper of the truck and put a huge scratch and dent all the way to the wheel well. (the scratch is like 3.5 inches long). Anyway i wasn't sure at the time if i had a right to complain so i just went ahead and went up to my space and parked. My question is is it my fault since i essentially hit a parked car, or theirs since they were guiding me? Any opinions on what i ought to do?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Usually any parking lot accident is taken care of by each persons insurance. You could probably go to them for the deductible if it is the complex or a big company, but I would only do that if desperately needed. Whatever you do act soon, because time will make it harder on you!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it matter that i don't have collision on my car. Oh and by the way, i would be hard pressed to believe the fender could be repaired, which by my guestimate makes me think it will be in the neighborhood of 750 to get it all fixed

·
Registered
123 Posts
if u dont have collision they wont pay for it, maaaaaaaaaaybe if u have compensation but since there was no evidence of the accident and since u hit the parked car i doubt ull get any money through insurance. also it would prolly raise ur premium so its better off doing it urself ,, but thats my opinion. and did it crack in, cuz if it didnt it shouldnt run 7 bills.....u could go to a cheap junkyard place and ask them to slap some bondo **** and itll be straiught....well keep it posted =] good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.