Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
G35, especially when the rear suspension has been specially reinforced for drifting. What's wrong with a luxury drift machine??:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well there isnt much difference in horsepower the g35 comes with 275 i believe, the 350z comes with 280+ , the 350z is about one second faster. But everyone is going to have g35 no? maybe not as much the 350z. Looking for a sports luxury like my legend. anyone know any good sites where i can compare these things

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Legend XTC said:
well there isnt much difference in horsepower the g35 comes with 275 i believe, the 350z comes with 280+ , the 350z is about one second faster. But everyone is going to have g35 no? maybe not as much the 350z. Looking for a sports luxury like my legend. anyone know any good sites where i can compare these things
Not really. The G and Z will have the same amount of horsepower. And in any case, 5 horsepower does not make a car one second quicker to 60. I think it's the other way around. The Z will be more popular than the G.

·
Registered
847 Posts
just think of it this way, both things are very similar but one is more luxury. Being a Legend owner, luxury has become a requirement unless it is an all out car(withing the price range) like Evo VII or STI. Therefore, G35 is a better choice~

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
vince said:

Not really. The G and Z will have the same amount of horsepower. And in any case, 5 horsepower does not make a car one second quicker to 60. I think it's the other way around. The Z will be more popular than the G.
The G35 Sedan has 275, but the G35 Coupe will have 280+ just like the Z. I feel the Z will end up with a few more HP than the G35 Coupe though. Once upon a time I would be all for the Z for the pure performance, but now, I need a balance. Luxury is a must, and performance is second. Just like the Legend which just happened to have decent performance, the G35 has everything you want and need, and it just happens to have great performacne as well. IMHO, it is easier to make up the performance with aftermarket parts than it is to make up missing luxury. Also, the extra seats will come in handy. Take a look at the Z car boards and you might see that some of the new Z car owners who have deposites down are getting a bit worried since the intro of the G35 Coupe came out.

By the way, did you guys see the pop up navigation screen on the G35? It is motorized and pops out of the top of the dash. I looks killer :D

Also, IMHO, many sports cars will have hard time in the future. I'm not talking about the exotics like the NSX, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and such, but about the consumer level sports cars. In a way, why bother getting a dedicated sports car with 2 seats when you can have a luxury car like the GS400/430, G35 Coupe, BMW M5 Sedan and such that would give you all that plus luxury? All these cars are coming out with high HP V8s that do 0-60 in 5 second range or less and with 6-Speed manual transmissions. Just looking at the numbers you would think they are sports cars.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
really it is up to you and no one else, but, id say go with the G35

1 - 15 of 15 Posts