Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well we were in my car tonight and my passenger tryed to open the door and it will not open. The automatic door locks still work. It feel like a spring or something came off because the handle feels easy to pull. i can open it from the outside though. someone help. thanks

--cody

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
CODY690 said:
Ok well we were in my car tonight and my passenger tryed to open the door and it will not open. The automatic door locks still work. It feel like a spring or something came off because the handle feels easy to pull. i can open it from the outside though. someone help. thanks

--cody
ohhh the ever popular door lock assembly, theres a plastic piece that holds the door handle wire on the inside that broke, my driver side door did that on me but i did my own repair with a L shaped metel peice from Home Depot had to do some cutting to it to make it fit the tight sqeeze behind the door panel, when we have our next ATL meet i can show u how to fix it, i did it without taking out the door panel.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some JB weld today and put it on there lettign it dry now. People dont need to slam my door so hard man it closes by itself ha. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i had done the same thing with Krazy Glue but it only held for a couple of months, and i was easy with the door, seeing that it's the passenger side people will be pulling hard, it won't be long before that cement will give, think the plastic gave out eventually. the best thing to do is use an L bracket.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep i might put an L bracket on both of the doors befor te other one brakes. That JB weld says it fixes engine blocks and hydrolic jacks so it better hold this plastic together ha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts