Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sucks, I just got my new rims and I knew that I was going to have the hub bored to fit, but the two places I called want to charge 75$ per wheel!!! Butler Tire and World of Wheels in Atlanta. Does anyone know a cheaper place or can get me the hook up on a cheaper price?? I called full-efx and they refered me to World of Wheels.

G

·
Actually 75$ is not a bad price.. Unless u get a hook up.. Most people paid about the same per wheel.. mabey 100+ less w/ total cost...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Don't get them bored at Wheel shops, they charge an arm and a leg.
Take them to a machine shop that does custom work, it should be cheaper. I got a set of 4 bored for $120 total.

BTW: What kind of rims did you get? Did you know the center bore was too small before you bought it?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WhiteLegend said:
Don't get them bored at Wheel shops, they charge an arm and a leg.
Take them to a machine shop that does custom work, it should be cheaper. I got a set of 4 bored for $120 total.

BTW: What kind of rims did you get? Did you know the center bore was too small before you bought it?
Yes, thanks for the advice, I actually found a guy today that charges 50$ an hour. He said it would be about two hours or less. Thanks for hunting Lee and Leon.

The rims I got are the TL Type-S 17". Yes I had researched the wheel and knew what I was getting into. It was really hard for me to find rims that I like because I believe the rims "make a car". I really like these although and it is worth the trouble to get them milled. the input is appreciated!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts