Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car's been having problems starting from time to time for the last month now. Here is the symtoms:

The car wouldn't start periodicly, it's like hit and miss on wether or not it will start.
If I use the key to start it. I turn the key in the ignition, nothing happens, not even a cranking sound, all the accessories would turn on, but just nothing cranks.
If I use the remote start, same thing happens except there is a loud buzzing sound coming from where is foot rest for your left foot is.

This past weekend, I finally figured out where the buzzing is coming from. It's from my remote starter brain unit that's sitting right by the fuses box and above the foot rest. The buzz is a warning if someone tries to activate the remote start when the car is not in Park. But the thing is that my car was in park.

So this is what I did. I pushed the remote start button and when the unit was buzzing, I nudged the brain unit and the wires around it, and suddenly the car started.

So now I know what the problem is, I need to know is that wether if there is a loose connections in one of my wires that's suppose let the car know it is in Park. Or is my remote starter brain unit bad? If it's a wire, does someone know which wire the remote start taps into to determine wether the car is in park?

Sorry for the long post, Please give me some advices. Thanks in Advance!

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
How do you know the buzzing sound is an alarm? Does the manual tell you that? To me, it sounds like you are having a battery issue. Often relays will make that buzzing sound when there is a bad ground, or not enough power. I believe you are hearing the remote starters relay buzzing. On my remote start unit, there is no wire connected to park. You don't need one because the car itself has a starter interlock that will not allow the car to start if it is not in park or nuetral.

The car itself should start with the key even if the remote start bain is bad, so that makes me think your battery might be weak.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChrisK said:
How do you know the buzzing sound is an alarm? Does the manual tell you that? To me, it sounds like you are having a battery issue. Often relays will make that buzzing sound when there is a bad ground, or not enough power. I believe you are hearing the remote starters relay buzzing. On my remote start unit, there is no wire connected to park. You don't need one because the car itself has a starter interlock that will not allow the car to start if it is not in park or nuetral.

The car itself should start with the key even if the remote start bain is bad, so that makes me think your battery might be weak.
I know because when I got the car working, I tested it like this:
With the car off, I put the car in Drive. Then I try to start it with the remote starter, it gives the same buzz sound. Then when I put the car back into park, and use the remote starter, the car start right up.

I also know it's the problem with the remote starter, because when it was buzzing, and I nudged the brain unit and the wad of wires around it, the car would start up.

So now everytime I need to start my car, all I do is press the remote start button, then quickly get under the steering wheel and wiggle or nudge the remote start brain and the wires. The car starts. Looks like I'm hot wiring the car sometimes, LOL :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Use this email address:
[email protected]
this email address is for my cousin, in the subject column state that his cousin James sent you (or something along those lines).
He installed the remote start system in my Leg; he does this for a living and in my opinion he is the best in his field. Hit him up and he may be able to help you out.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aticus Ty said:
Use this email address:
[email protected]
this email address is for my cousin, in the subject column state that his cousin James sent you (or something along those lines).
He installed the remote start system in my Leg; he does this for a living and in my opinion he is the best in his field. Hit him up and he may be able to help you out.
Good Luck.
Thanks for your kind offer, I really appreciated.

I actually found out what was wrong with my car, it wasn't the remote starter. I have a loose factory plug, it's a plug right above the fuse box, it's brown and has 2 or 3 thick wires coming out of it. When I push that harness in a little, the car starts just fine, but if it's a little loose the car won't start. Anyone knows what that harness does, I'm getting tired of reaching down and push the plug in when I need to start my car. Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
The thicker gauge wires are usually used for power connections. As far as what that particular harness is used for, really it doesn't matter. All of the harnesses need to be connected securely. Try tiewrap for a temprary fix, but you need to know WHY the harness is not snapping into place. Is that one of the power feeds for your starter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts