Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have a viper 550 on valet mode, no remote, no master key.
I tried opening my car with spare key(OEM, not master key) and the OEM stock alarm went off(which i thought it was disconnected since my aftermarket alarm got installed)
THe horns and the lights went off and i could not turn off the oem alarm. I used the key to open and close on the door and on the ignition and couldn't get the damn thing to shut off. I had to disconnect the battery. The alarm goes off again if i connect the battery. Im deaf right now!!! Help!!! Please!!!

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should of posted earlier:( everyone's probably asleep now:eek:Ok guys I need some replies tommorow morning or else Im going to be late for work.:eek:

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Even the valet key should work to turn off the OEM alarm. Anyway, try both drivers and passanger doors. Only the doors are used to turn the OEM alarm off, the ignition will not work. If that doesn't work, take a look at the OEM security module located to under the dash to the right side of the steering column. The unit will say something like Honda Security Assembly or something like that. There will be two grey molex plugs leading into this unit. Make sure both connectors are plugged in and plugged in good. For the time being, if you want to work in silence, simply open the hood and pull the horn fuse in the under hood fuse box.

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOH...i took the fuse off (thanks that saved me from a headache!) and then my car remote started WITHOUT my remote. I pushed down on the brake pedal and the engine didn't turn off :confused:(it supposed to shut off so nobody takes off with the car without the keys) Then messing around i put my key the unlock the gear and my car was driveable!!! :eek: What the hell, somebody could just take off my car without my keys :eek: It first started with my OEM alarm going off on me, first time I heard it since i bought the car 2 years ago. Then my car is starting by itself....my Legend is possessed:eek: Any ideas?? Everything worked fine until i put my viper alarm on valet mode and started using my valet key!!

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
My oem alarm goes off by its self. mine started going crazy after an accident. the body shop is taking it to the dealer. For now I just can't lock my doors. I was told it could be a cut wire. There was a short in the electrical system up front after the accident. I know the pain, but atleast I can turn mine off!
Later!
Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts