Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 4 Factory Chromed Acura Tl wheels, mounted on brand new 235/45/17 tires. Perfectly balanced and the wheels and tires have never seen the asphalt! So what do I have to do to get these mounted correctly? I know they need to be bored, how much? Thanks again and sorry for a repost of a question. I'm good to go just need to know. I went to one shop today and they were useless. Again thanks for help...:hide:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/MILANO-RED-LEGEND/1a87_1.jpg
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/MILANO-RED-LEGEND/1b49_1.jpg

·
Registered
231 Posts
70.2 is the bored. also you can just take your spare tire and tell them you need the rims to be bored out to that same size has your spare.

·
It's good to be the King!
677 Posts
Only the rear of the rim needs to be bored out. And only about 1/2 deep i believe. Maybe someone else who has had it done can chime in and confirm.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Feel free to chime in...everyone who knows:p

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
BayAreaFinest bored out his own rim with a router for wood. You can ask him for details.

·
Registered
376 Posts
HELP PLEASE! 17" ACURA TL WHEELS NEED TO BE BORED

How close do you live to Santa Clara Ca.? If you live close try WHEEL TECHNIQUES.
3280 Edward Ave Ste D
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: (408) 866-5859

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
70.3 fit perfectly for me. Also- more than likely you will need to have shop dis-mount your tires. Both of the shops i talked to before getting mine done said they could only do it with the tires off of the rim

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tires will have to be removed from the wheels. Check with some local wheel shops to see who they use. Boring out hubs is not uncommon.
In this area, people are getting them done for $25-$40 a wheel.
Nice looking wheels...:thumbsup:

WW:2cool:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tires will have to be removed from the wheels. Check with some local wheel shops to see who they use. Boring out hubs is not uncommon.
In this area, people are getting them done for $25-$40 a wheel.
Nice looking wheels...:thumbsup:

WW:2cool:
Thanks Wayne I'm trying man...my week is full so its Saturday. I appreciate your patience Wayne because the GS's are coming!:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts