Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few weeks ago, my car developed a high pitch sound from left front wheel direction. I can’t tell exactly where it’s coming from, but it’s from that direction. It sounds very like a slipping belt but I didn’t see any belt on the front left side under the hood. The sound will start every time I driving out with cold start, and getting louder while increasing speed. There is no sound if I just idling and step on the gas, and this is why I cant tell exact where it is coming from. I checked around the wheel area, but didn’t see any obvious broken stuff.

Could you guys please give me some hint? Winter is already here, I really don’t want to break down in a snowstorm. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
warped rotor

Legender said:
I checked the pad today, and they still have about 4mm left, so it should not be the pad. Can I tell a warpped rotor by eye? Or it has to be test with some equipment?

Thanks.
You'll feel pulsation with your foot when you step on the pedal to stop.

·
Registered
767 Posts
can you se a wear indicator on any of the pads?.. its a flat steel tab stamped to the back of one of the pads and is bent round to the front, 4mm is about where its starts to make contact.. unless you got a stone stuck around there.. a warped disc wont make that sort of noise unless its worn a pad uneven.. it would grind then anyway

·
Registered
75 Posts
it could also be

it could also be your abs....when mines went, it was making a consistent squeking noise, i took it to a mechanic and all they did was disconnect it and the sound was gone, luckily i knew the guy so they didnt charge me for doing practically nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.