1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
That tornado fuel saver is garbage. Don't waste your money on that. Just get yourself a true CAI and you should be fine. And yes, the ECU are the same.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah it looked like a waste of money to me lol... spinning plastic :wtf: i just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so they are the same... thanks

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Actually to my understanding, ECUs go something like this:

86-87 2.5 = different between auto and manual tranny
88-89 Sedans/87-89 Coupes with 2.7 = difference between auto and manual
90 Sedans and coupes = Different from all other years in pin-out and different between auto and manual

From what I have heard over time on this forum also, is that an auto ECU can be used for a manual transmission car, BUT a manual ECU CANNOT be used on an auto.....but that might only be for 2.5's I dont quite remember....:dunno:

Also...
While the programming may be the same for certain years....the ECUs are physically different...the coupe has the sight glass for the red/yellow LEDs on the top while the sedan ECU has it on the side...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ lmao he knows everything about legends huh?

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Lol no not nearly...I just have a bunch of crazy stuff archived in this brain...some of it good...most of it useless...

I may not be able to math too well, but dammit I could help you out with a G1 Legend AND talk to you about almost ANY Seinfeld episode like nobody's business!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL the only thing i can really tell you about is electricity :yes: its kind of difficult for me to learn about cars cuz i dont have anyone to physically teach me lol. all my friends from high school are stil potheads :rofl:

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,585 Posts
You can say Gabe (sam o nela) is the big brain for the G1 lol. I'm just pulling your leg Gabe. Well I guess I know what to do when my ECU fucks up on me. You should clear out your rear turn signal on your sedan. Ask sam o nela about them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think ill just do it myself.. how much tho?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.