Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking this is a window regulator after doing a search, but help me out here.

Was putting up the drivers side rear window today when I heard this awful cracking sound (probably breaking plastic) and the window stopped going up, and fell down partially. I tried to pull it up by hand but it will only go up about 1/3 of the way and then it stops - I can't get it up any further.

Now I dont hear anything coming from the window motor, and obviously I'm stuck with my window down. I already pulled off the doorpanel and am ready to take it to a glass place to get fixed if I just need a clip, but I can't tell.

What do you guys think, should I just order a regulator? I'm worried because I can't even get the window all the way up to even tape it for a few days while I wait for a part to ship to me.

Any help is appreciated!

Gino

·
Ultimate DIYer
174 Posts
You need to buy the left rear window regulator. Search on eBay or any online website. The window regulator comes with motor attached. It is selling just under $80 for aftermarket part which is good enough to substitute OEM part. The OEM part is selling at around $280.

As of now, remove the dust protection cover and unscrew 4 nuts holding window regulator, 2 nuts holding window on the regulator, and loosen 3 nuts holding motor, and then, you can take the regulator with motor out. Use a scotch tape or equivalent to hold window up to close meanwhile you get the part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a DIY repair posted on the forum too

Gino,

If it's the plastic pulley that's broken, someone else posted a repair procedure on the site, including how to take everything apart to get to the component. He replaced the pulley with a metal closet door pulley that he got at Lowes or HD (as I recall). I think I downloaded the instructions and have them at home (since the left rear of my 96 rl has the same issue). Post reply if you can't find it on the site.

Regards,
Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
she-ite

Dude,
Get the regulator from ebay. Its not that difficult to change and its only $45 bucks plus shipping. Thats what I did, works just like factory.
mine did it last night..

are the 99-01 regulators really that different...the look identical in the acura catalog, but have different numbers...and early g1 RL regulators are like 1/4 the price

·
Registered
33 Posts
Both of my back window regulators broke too. The first time was some few years ago on the right back door and the last one was in January on the left back door. It cost me about $331 to fix the left regulator. I was disappointed and I only had the car for a couple months. I didn't know that it was common until now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.